Ultrastudio 3D software help

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Michael Moran

Ultrastudio 3D software help

PostSun Aug 04, 2013 1:30 am

OK. Just bought the Ultrastudio 3D device to do fill/key exporting. I've spent the past few hours trying to get this going right and have had no luck. LiveKey only does stills... I can see it... But I want video. I tried After Effects... Looks like Luma key, not Alpha (transparent). Tried FCP7 with no luck.. Is there any software that will export both for a decent price? All I need it to load clips and push them out Fill/Key. I'm on a Mac so that limits some of the options. Please help.

Kevin Yoo

Re: Ultrastudio 3D software help

PostMon Aug 05, 2013 6:41 am

Check out ProPresenter with the optional Alpha Keyer Module. You can demo both the app and module before buying. The module demo is accessed via Preferences > Modules > Demo Modules.

http://www.renewedvision.com/propresenter.php

http://www.renewedvision.com/propresenter.php?page=modules#alpha-keyer

Benjamin Higginbotham

PostMon Aug 05, 2013 2:47 pm

CasparCGis free, but will require a Windows box to act as the video server. You can use a Mac to control it, but Windows is required. Not sure if that helps at all.
Benjamin Higginbotham
TMRO - Making Space Commonplace

Michael Moran

PostMon Aug 05, 2013 11:37 pm

ProPresenter is my backup option. 1400.00 is a bit high just to have the outputs. I do everything else in FCP or After Effects. I was thinking about CasperCG but I don't have Windows and if I put it on my Mac I can't confirm that the Thunderbolt port or UltraStudio 3D will work... I see the graphic out of both channels in After Effects but no fill/key seperate. In Premier I see both seperate but the key is the full screen and not cutting out the graphic... I have searched the internet for days. If I can't find another way for less that 1400.00 I'll go with ProPresenter next month.

Please help... I just need something that sends both signals. I might try Windows with Casper...

Return to Live Production