Webcasting with an AX-2000, a 60D, or a VIXIA HF R21

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

media731

Webcasting with an AX-2000, a 60D, or a VIXIA HF R21

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 3:16 pm

I am currently looking to webcast high school football games with either my Sony AX-2000 or my Canon 60D. Both cameras have an HDMI output. I also have a Canon VIXIA HF R21 which has HDMI as well as component out. I was wondering what type of Blackmagic product I would need to achieve this?

I want to go from HDMI or component IN to USB OUT into a Mac that will be running Flash Media Encoder to webcast to Brightcove. We are using Brightcove as our video platform.

In the past we were using Firewire to our Mac to webcast, however I want to get us off mini-DV tapes. I want to be able to use our cameras that shoot on SD cards so that when we record while webcasting we can capture from our SD card and not from a tape.

Any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Jonas Bengtson

Re: Webcasting with an AX-2000, a 60D, or a VIXIA HF R21

PostWed Oct 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Get a Intensity Pro capture card, make sure the sound is embedded to ensure sync with audio/video and just use it as a capture device in FMLE. It's that simple.

Jonas Bengtson

PostWed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 pm

To clarify, there is no card doing it over USB. Maybe you could use the H.264 encoder but then FMLE won't work and you need to use MX Light (works however).

Intensity Extreme over Thunderbolt would be the best solution here for you.

AspenTD

PostThu May 16, 2013 8:26 pm

I am curious to hear how your webcast went. I also have the Sony AX-2000 and just bought the Decklink 4K and am in the process of setting it all up for a live webcast of theater performances. Any advice on your camera and computer settings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck with your webcast.

Return to Live Production