Only pre-order in NZ!

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Sri Kallidai

Only pre-order in NZ!

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 11:27 pm

Dear folks at Black Magic design,

Thanks for bringing about this revolution, and thanks John Brawley for your patient support.

I figured out I am the only one who has pre-ordered in NZ from DVT, so in all probability, I am the only one in NZ!

I have a Bollywood feature film ready to be filmed come September! So I hope my single, lonely pre-order down under will not deter you from sending a camera this way :-)

Once I get my hands and way around it, I'm sure the supplier will push a couple of workshops/seminars hinged around my experience with the camera!

Looking forward to be a part of this revolution

kind regards

Sri Kallidai

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Re: Only pre-order in NZ!

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 am

Sri, where in NZ are you based? Would love to check out your camera when it arrives if you don't mind. Cheers. :)
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Sri Kallidai

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 4:43 am

CaptainHook wrote:Sri, where in NZ are you based? Would love to check out your camera when it arrives if you don't mind. Cheers. :)

Hi CaptainHook,

You are most welcome :-) I live in the North Shore in Auckland. Happy to share test runs, workflows, ideas:-)
sri at thedesiretree dot com

cicadasong

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 5:40 am

I pre-ordered from B&H. With the GST it'll come out to about $4,200 NZD
DVT's price is about $4800 with GST.

Sri Kallidai

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 am

cicadasong wrote:I pre-ordered from B&H. With the GST it'll come out to about $4,200 NZD

Have you spoken to them? Or have you only checked rates on the web site? i strongly advise you to call DVT. Mine worked out to be a lot less than what you are paying BH inclusive of GST. You'll have to consider adding Customs, that's another ball game, not to mention local support! Something goes wrong, and you'll have to send it to BH.

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks Sri! I'm in Auckland CBD! Have emailed you, cheers! :)
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

cicadasong

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 1:12 pm

I believe their Website lists it at $4180 + GST. I would very much be interested in buying it from them at $4200 inclusive of GST but it's their loss since they try to put people on by listing an inflated price.

I feel annoyed if there is in fact, "a real price" as opposed to what's listed on their website. I mean if I order it from their site are they going to give me the discounted price or the overly inflated price? Are they out to get as much from some customers as they can? The days of going into a pro video shop and haggling over price are gone for me. The times have moved on and It's all about online ordering and if they are not going to be up-front with their bottom-line, then I go to the next website.

I shouldn't have to guess if their website price is the real price or not. It makes me feel like they are trying to cheat me. I don't want to deal with any business that tries to get more from certain customers than others for the same thing.

And there is no Customs/Duty fee to add for personal purchases imported. Just GST (15%) and only on purchases over $400.

Yeah I risk having to ship it back to B&H for warranty issues but it would be a small cost compared to the $600 I will have saved.

Sri wrote:
cicadasong wrote:I pre-ordered from B&H. With the GST it'll come out to about $4,200 NZD

Have you spoken to them? Or have you only checked rates on the web site? i strongly advise you to call DVT. Mine worked out to be a lot less than what you are paying BH inclusive of GST. You'll have to consider adding Customs, that's another ball game, not to mention local support! Something goes wrong, and you'll have to send it to BH.

Return to Cinematography