Open Letter to Grant Petty

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

shanepeters@bellsouth.net

Open Letter to Grant Petty

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Mr. Petty...As an early adopter to the BMCC, I would like to make a very simple request of you. Can you PLEASE communicate with your customers regarding the future of the BMCC and firmware updates? I truly do not understand your lack of willingness to communicate with us regarding this long standing list of needs for your product we have all bought into. Since I purchased the BMCC (which, by the way, I pre ordered MONTHS before final release), I have watched you de-value my investment by 30%, and then appear to leave that product behind while you pour energy into new cameras. While I am pleased to see your willingness to push the envelope and expand your company into this new product line, I cannot help but feel that you are leaving us, your customers, behind with the BMCC. We bought into your company with these purchases, and would like to feel that we are being treated HONESTLY with regards to the future of these cameras.

Since release, this community has provided you with feedback regarding NECESSARY improvements to make this camera top notch. Things like VU meters, Adjustable White Balance, Professional Audio (as stated in your marketing), Drive space indicators, a properly colored rec709 lut in camera, etc have all been requested and REQUIRED by owners to truly make this camera usable in our market. While it is understandable that these things could take time to implement, what is not understandable is WHY YOU WILL NOT COMMUNICATE WITH US on these requests. NO ONE from your company has let us know if ANY of these are possible with this camera, or if you are even working on it. At this point, since the last 2 firmware releases, it is becoming apparent that you are not. Why should I, as a customer, support you further on new products when I do not feel you are supporting me with the BMCC?

The lack of communication is my biggest complaint with this product, and company right now. Even Jim Jannard, founder of RED will jump in on forums to let his customers know what to expect from them. Jim will personally answer requests, because he knows to keep customers loyal, you have to be open. Case in point....a month ago I started dialog with your company regarding the problems with the in-camera rec709 lut. Reds are not red....and this was finally confirmed in an email by one of your techs. (they also suggested using a different camera until this was resolved.) I was told you are working on it. After that email....nothing more. No follow ups, no appearance that you are addressing it. NO mention of a fix coming soon in the forums.....nothing. While we hear that you acknowledge there are problems, and we wait with patience for fixes in the next firmware version, you choose to release a firmware update that addresses ONLY the pocket cinema cam. Again, we are left wondering if our cameras will EVER be updated....if any of these things will EVER be addressed.

Mr. Petty, please move to retain loyalty among your BMCC users, and let us know IF any of these requests are possible to implement on this camera and WHEN we can expect them in firmware updates.....OR be honest about the longevity of this product in your line.

thank you
Shane Peters
Last edited by shanepeters@bellsouth.net on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Star Trak

Re: Open Letter to Grant Perry

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 2:11 pm

>Grant Perry

Kholi Hicks

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 2:15 pm

I think a requirement for the loyal customer club should be knowing Grant's last name is Petty, not Perry.
Kholi Hicks

Dennis Westhoff

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 2:16 pm

I think his name is Grant Petty! isn't it?

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Yes...I stand corrected.

Tom

Re: Open Letter to Grant Petty

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 3:12 pm

shanepeters@bellsouth.net wrote:I truly do not understand your lack of willingness to communicate with us regarding this long standing list of needs for your product we have all bought into.

I share and appreciate your desire to know what future updates will be, but software development is rarely a predictable process - especially on devices which require very high levels of reliability. Sure other bits of software like phone apps or operating systems get frequent and sometimes targeted releases - but they have a much lower level of tolerance for how stable the software needs to be before release. Also remember that you bought the camera based on its advertised features - ok some aspects like audio need improvement, but in terms of NEW features - it takes time to experiment and test to see what extra can be added. It might be that a new feature like waveforms or histograms have been developed but have yet to be stable - its is not easy to pin a date on when such a feature would be ready for release - or even if indeed it ever gets released. As such giving a date or promising any future features or updates is not easy.

shanepeters@bellsouth.net wrote: Since I purchased the BMCC (which, by the way, I pre ordered MONTHS before final release), I have watched you de-value my investment by 30%

I doubt you purchased your camera with the hopes that it would appreciate in value? or even with the plan to sell it later on for close to what you paid? - The value in a camera is how you can use it for work, not its physical value or cost to purchase. If you bought it for $3000 (or whatever) then clearly you felt like it was worth that price. Almost everything comes down in price over time. I ordered my camera 2 weeks after it was first announced at NAB in 2012, it arrived 11 months later, which is about 1 month or so before the price was dropped - so I also paid the full amount. By now though I have paid for the cameras cost anyway by using it on jobs. The value of the camera to me is apparent because of how I have secured certain jobs based on the quality it can deliver - not because of how much I paid for it.

shanepeters@bellsouth.net wrote:Why should I, as a customer, support you further on new products when I do not feel you are supporting me with the BMCC?

If you do not trust a company, then that is up to you. You bought a product and got the product you paid for and it works as described. (I do accept that I would not call the audio quality "professional")

I dont think you bought the camera to support BMD, you bought the camera because you wanted it.

Shane, I do not wish to come across as argumentative or rude - I completely understand where you are coming from and why you feel like you do, but lets be realistic here. There are very simple answers to a lot of the questions you have asked. I would love to see more communication too, but I do not expect it - nor do I expect posting open letters to change anything - because the reasons remain the same. I am SURE that if BMD could provide more info on future updates (reliable info) - then they would do so.

I may get accused of being an "apologist" here, but I honestly feel like in situations such as these, it is better to try and remain realistic in terms of how things will progress forward. I think it helps to temper any frustrations and also to create more realistic expectations.
Tom Majerski
Colourist at Tracks and Layers
http://www.Tracksandlayers.com
Motion Graphics - Colour Grading - VFX

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Tom, I can appreciate the process of firmware updates being complicated and unpredictable, but my point here is that there is NO communication regarding this process....I have no idea if they are even doing anything to continually improve this camera at all. Last firmware update was not even for the BMCC...One simple email to let us all know we are not being left behind, and that they ARE working on updates and improvements to the product would suffice. At this point, I truly feel BMD is leaving the 1st gen BMCC behind as they move towards the 4K and pocket. I feel this way because of the lame communication we DON"T get from them.

Regarding the investment comment, of course I did not buy this camera planning on it to appreciate. Everyone knows in our industry that the next gen product will devalue the last. What I did not expect was to buy a camera and have the manufacturer drop the price SO much SO quickly. Again, should I read this as a sign that they are trying to clear the shelves of the BMCC to make room for the new product? Sounds like it when you couple major price drop and no updates for it.

Regarding your statement "I am SURE that if BMD could provide more info on future updates (reliable info) - then they would do so.", I strongly disagree. They CAN provide info, even if it is to say there will be no development time spent on the BMCC until (if ever) the new cams are shipping....BUt they HAVE NOT. My last communication with the tech dept. about the rec709 problem ended with them asking me to share the threads (from their own forum) where others have had this problem. No response from them since. Currently I have an unresolved open case with them on this matter, and have not heard a peep.

I feel I am being VERY realistic about my expectations here. I bought a $3000 product with the promise of delivering professional quality audio and ready-2-edit prores rec709 footage right out of camera. Don't currently have that, 7 months since receiving it. and not a word on if it will change. Regardless of how any of us feel about the camera itself, my point in all this is to request some communication from BMD regarding the future plans for this product.

And no, you did not come across argumentative and rude. I appreciate your perspective in this...but I will say that as a working professional who bought a "misleadingly advertised" camera for a specific client base, I feel I might have made a bad decision with this camera. Please prove me wrong BMD!
sp

Star Trak

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 4:01 pm

"There will be an update for the 2.5K Blackmagic Cinema Camera soon that will also add these features, plus new de-bayer processing that will improve the cameras sharpness when shooting non RAW files." ~ Grant Petty

Aaron Scheiner

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 4:20 pm

I agree with you wholeheartedly Shane Peters/the OP.

The whole BMCC experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. I learnt two main things from the process and they are (1) don't assume anything of BMD and (2) don't buy any of BMD's products within six months of them being available in the market because you'll lose a third of your purchase's value overnight.

As I've said on multiple occasions, VU meters are a professional necessity and the code to implement them is trivial*. Normally I'd agree with Tom with regard to "software development is rarely a predictable process" - but really, missing VU meters after this length of time ? Especially given the simplicity of the Magic Lantern code that implements them? And the inaccurate video LUT ? The process of updating a LUT is a predictable process... it should have taken them minutes to fix it. And the audio, hardware EQ... I mean come on, how difficult is it to turn off those filters ?

I can understand how formatting isn't implemented; you don't always want people to be able to delete/format storage and formatting a hard drive isn't that simple, especially exfat or HFS+ which are both proprietary... but there is no place to hide for issues relating to audio and video.

Tom wrote:I doubt you purchased your camera with the hopes that it would appreciate in value? or even with the plan to sell it later on for close to what you paid?

A 33% loss overnight Tom... after owning the camera for 3-5 months. It puts me at a competitive disadvantage, it's unethical and it makes me angry and ashamed every time I think about it.

I'm sorry, but it appears as though BMD just does not care.

Jules Bushell

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 4:38 pm

I imagine this thread will descend to name calling and it being locked so consider this quote from Donald Rumsfeld...
"There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know."

Hope the quote helps,
Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Steve DiMaggio

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 4:43 pm

all I want is the black sun fixed like they showed they could with the BMPCC

Aaron Scheiner

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Jules Bushell wrote:...Donald Rumsfeld...
"There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know...

I think he stole it from the Johari Window ;) .

Vince Gaffney

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Aaron Scheiner wrote:
Tom wrote:I doubt you purchased your camera with the hopes that it would appreciate in value? or even with the plan to sell it later on for close to what you paid?

A 33% loss overnight Tom... after owning the camera for 3-5 months. It puts me at a competitive disadvantage, it's unethical and it makes me angry and ashamed every time I think about it.

I bought a Sony F3 and paid around 4K for the Slog option. Six months later it was a free download. This stuff happens.

Andrew Reid

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Tom wrote:I am SURE that if BMD could provide more info on future updates (reliable info) - then they would do so. I may get accused of being an "apologist" here, but I honestly feel like in situations such as these, it is better to try and remain realistic in terms of how things will progress forward. I think it helps to temper any frustrations and also to create more realistic expectations.

Hey Tom. You're Manchester, UK based right? I am around for a short while, if you want to go grab a pint in the Northern Quarter. Will bring my Pocket camera.
British filmmaker and editor of EOSHD

Natal

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 6:15 pm

They will probably do what most other lower end camera manufacturers do - which is to fix the problems in the next model. Spending time developing a product that has already been sold consumes resources without generating revenue. So, most companies don't do that unless their product cycle is considerably longer than a year. At the low end most products are no longer competitive after a year, so usually development on that particular model ends when it ships.

Basically, for most of what you are concerned about you will probably have to live with, or buy the model II when it eventually comes out.

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Shane:

We try to be very careful when we give updates around new firmware, and try to not talk about them until they are ready. This policy helps avoid confusion and rumors spreading about what is coming. I have been at a user group where I said "I will pass your request over to engineering" when a feature was suggested to me and 5 minutes later I heard from a different person that we had now promised that feature. We feel that not talking about firmware until it is ready avoids unnecessary confusion.

But we do hear and pay attention to all of the requests.

And Tom and Andrew, have fun in Manchester. I have been told Band on the Wall is the place to go for good music.

Regards,
Terry

Jesuan Soriano

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Terry Frechette wrote:Shane:

We try to be very careful when we give updates around new firmware, and try to not talk about them until they are ready. This policy helps avoid confusion and rumors spreading about what is coming. I have been at a user group where I said "I will pass your request over to engineering" when a feature was suggested to me and 5 minutes later I heard from a different person that we had now promised that feature. We feel that not talking about firmware until it is ready avoids unnecessary confusion.

But we do hear and pay attention to all of the requests.

And Tom and Andrew, have fun in Manchester. I have been told Band on the Wall is the place to go for good music.

Regards,
Terry

Yeah!!! Just as careful as you are when you give a release date!!!!!! nice one !!!
Jesus Soriano

Tom

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Terry Frechette wrote:Shane:

Regards,
Terry

Indeed it is! Saw Nearly Dan (Steely Dan tribute act) a few months ago, simply outstanding!
Tom Majerski
Colourist at Tracks and Layers
http://www.Tracksandlayers.com
Motion Graphics - Colour Grading - VFX

ChrisBarcellos

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Nice job of deflecting, Mr. Frechette. But point is that after one year, Black Magic has not even corrected the firmare to get the BMCC camera to the point that it is what was advertised in pre release and subsequent advertisement.

I also disagree with the apologists here. They keep saying software development is unpredictable. I have some rudimentary software development experience from the early days. The real limitations to software is on board memory and processing capability, and hardware on board the system. If Black Magic failed to provide sufficient resources for any of these, the camera may be damned, and our cries for fixes may be pointless. Given the complete lack of any progress by Black Magic to bring the camera into line with its initial specs and promise, now over 1 years from release, it is becoming of increasing clear that the things promised for this camera may not have been possible in the first place, and Black Magic is attempting to skip through its obligations by blurring what it originally promised.

If that is the case, then shame on Black Magic. If that is the case, then Mr. Petty and Black Magic owe a disclosure and a method to make buyers whole again. If it is not the case, then Mr. Petty and Black Magic owe a clear and concise update about what will be fixed and when it can be expected.

There is nothing hard about recognizing your obligation to your customers.
Last edited by ChrisBarcellos on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Randy Rubin

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Meanwhile...
Attachments
production camera.JPG
production camera.JPG (32.42 KiB) Viewed 17431 times

Haakon Sundry

PostSat Sep 28, 2013 12:25 am

Randy Rubin wrote:Meanwhile...

Oh, sweet! Didn't realize the 4K cameras were being made available within the next week!

ChrisBarcellos

PostTue Oct 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Shane:

Did you ever get any kind of response to your open letter, even by private email.

So far, the silence is deafening.

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 3:56 am

Not on the questions I posed. I did get a PM regarding my unresolved open ticket regarding the rec709 color not being accurate. Another "We will look into it" several days ago....again. nothing.

Perhaps the deafening silence speaks volume about the reality of Gen 1 bmcc and the promises yet unkept.
s

ChrisBarcellos

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 2:38 am

I hope that isn't the case, but the facts seem to beg otherwise. Makes me wonder if there is a different standard of business practices down under.

Christoffer Glans

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 7:11 am

A used Red One MX together with a full set of accessories is now around 7500 - 8000 USD.
If BM continues this way of customer relations, then I'm just saying that you get a better camera, fully featured and the support of the Red community and Red themselves for a double price compared to the 4K camera.

If asking BM for updates and fixes isn't working, then turn your back against them and get stuff that works.

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Yes, that is right. However I bought this cam NOT for raw capabilty (which can be useful at times), but for out of the box ProRes files I could deliver direct from camera to my clients. Trying to make the jobs easier to deliver on my end. If I got that RED, my smaller facility clients would not be able to handle the 4k workflow, nor would I be able to charge more to process myself for them.

When I have a RED job, I use an Epic. When I have a small budget job, dslr is often fine, but had hopes that the promises of deliverable "Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD. All compressed recording in 1920x1080 10-bit YUV with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range." was honest. At this point, Video dynamic Range is inaccurate (bm acknowledges) and an accurate adjustable white balance (which again is for the rec709 video files ready for client) is not possible.

Silly me. Thinking that this product could replace the dslr on lower budget jobs with higher quality footage that was ready to edit. I still have to use double system sound, I still have to color correct for white balance accuracy. And the annoying part is that with no communication from BM on this subject, I truly feel like future refinements of this product are not going to happen.

Milen Mladenov

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Aaron Scheiner wrote:I agree with you wholeheartedly Shane Peters/the OP.

The whole BMCC experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. I learnt two main things from the process and they are (1) don't assume anything of BMD and (2) don't buy any of BMD's products within six months of them being available in the market because you'll lose a third of your purchase's value overnight.

As I've said on multiple occasions, VU meters are a professional necessity and the code to implement them is trivial*. Normally I'd agree with Tom with regard to "software development is rarely a predictable process" - but really, missing VU meters after this length of time ? Especially given the simplicity of the Magic Lantern code that implements them? And the inaccurate video LUT ? The process of updating a LUT is a predictable process... it should have taken them minutes to fix it. And the audio, hardware EQ... I mean come on, how difficult is it to turn off those filters ?

I can understand how formatting isn't implemented; you don't always want people to be able to delete/format storage and formatting a hard drive isn't that simple, especially exfat or HFS+ which are both proprietary... but there is no place to hide for issues relating to audio and video.

+1

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 5:10 pm

Moving this thread to the off-topic section of the forums as to streamline the Cinematography section.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Worzel Gummidge

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 7:44 am

Bad PR for BMD this thread?

Aaron Scheiner

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 am

Worzel Gummidge wrote:Bad PR for BMD this thread?

Yup... Sweep that one under the carpet.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 3:20 pm

The move to this forum isn't an image saving move. We do have people that come here for information on the products and trying to sort out legitimate questions and things that are off-topic in that section clutter those places. If we didn't want this or other topics to be freely discussed, they would be deleted/archived.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Dmitry Kitsov

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 7:03 pm

I come to this Cinematography subforum to learn about how light shaping relates to BMCC cameras and how to carry this light through the pipeline, not to hear complaints about BMCC business practises. I welcome the decision to move topics as such to an "Off Topic" subforum. Thank you.
Dmitry Kitsov

ChrisBarcellos

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:The move to this forum isn't an image saving move. We do have people that come here for information on the products and trying to sort out legitimate questions and things that are off-topic in that section clutter those places. If we didn't want this or other topics to be freely discussed, they would be deleted/archived.

This topic is specifically camera related, what its expectations are for the future, and whether it will ever amount to what was promised. It is right on topic for the Cinematography. Banishing it here is the same as closing and deleting thread.

This is what the Off Topic Thread is supposed to be about according to you own forum description:

"Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!"

Nice try Tony.

ChrisBarcellos

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Dmitry Kitsov wrote:I come to this Cinematography subforum to learn about how light shaping relates to BMCC cameras and how to carry this light through the pipeline, not to hear complaints about BMCC business practises. I welcome the decision to move topics as such to an "Off Topic" subforum. Thank you.

And you don't have to read threads from those who are trying to get through to Black Magic about the deficiencies in their product.

Dmitry Kitsov

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 7:26 pm

ChrisBarcellos wrote:
Dmitry Kitsov wrote:I come to this Cinematography subforum to learn about how light shaping relates to BMCC cameras and how to carry this light through the pipeline, not to hear complaints about BMCC business practises. I welcome the decision to move topics as such to an "Off Topic" subforum. Thank you.

And you don't have to read threads from those who are trying to get through to Black Magic about the deficiencies in their product.

True, that is why neither myself nor anyone else has to see them in a Cinematography forum. Everybody deserves a low noise forum and learning environment.
Dmitry Kitsov

Dave Perry

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 10:34 pm

ChrisBarcellos wrote:
Tony Rivera wrote:The move to this forum isn't an image saving move. We do have people that come here for information on the products and trying to sort out legitimate questions and things that are off-topic in that section clutter those places. If we didn't want this or other topics to be freely discussed, they would be deleted/archived.

This topic is specifically camera related, what its expectations are for the future, and whether it will ever amount to what was promised. It is right on topic for the Cinematography. Banishing it here is the same as closing and deleting thread.

This is what the Off Topic Thread is supposed to be about according to you own forum description:

"Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!"

Nice try Tony.

The forum belongs to BMD and if they want to censor it, they have every right to do so. However, moving posts to a different forum hardly constitutes censorship. I find it quite helpful that these rants about "missed delivery times" have been moved. It reduces the clutter in the Cinematography forum as well as gives me a place to look to find delivery specific threads.
BMUM 4.6k PL, S1H
----------------------------------------------
Dave Perry Cinematographer LLC
Director of Photography • Camera Operator
2046 High Tower Dr. Unit 1
Hollywood USA 90068
daveperry.net

Aaron Scheiner

PostSat Oct 05, 2013 6:58 am

There is something fundamentally wrong with the way in which BMD has handled the early adopters of their BMCCs and I expect, as a result of this behaviour, that the rants and begging will not go away for some time.

While I find it irritating that negative posts are routinely moved to the off-topic section I find it admirable that they aren't deleted altogether.

With that in mind, Tony Rivera, I'm begging you and your company, at minimum please :
- add VU meters
- turn off EQ filtering on the audio inputs
- fix the video mode colour output

These functions are essential to any professional camera (especially those that feature professional audio inputs).

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Aaron,

I don't personally have a say in what gets added to the list of suggestions for our products but I do know the people involved in these decisions view the forums and take note of them. I do my best to make them more aware of the suggestions they haven't already seen for you users.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Aaron Scheiner

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Okay Tony, thank you for the effort and sorry for the grief :) .

Robert RED

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Again, the stance is the same. If I've missed a post in regards to other products that conflict with ours(and granted I've been here for about 2 months now so it is possible), those would be asked to be removed or if I was trying to have a hardline stance, just delete them. Seeing as I haven't done that with this thread and I sent you a PM to ask that you not post this type of stuff, I would think out of common courtesy, you would understand that is what we ask and for the simple fact that in the registration notes you agreed to it states:

"You agree that the Blackmagic Forum is for the discussion of Blackmagic Design products. Discussions regarding other vendor’s products that are not part of a general discussion including Blackmagic Design products are not allowed and should be brought to other, more general industry forums. This will help ensure the forum and discussions cannot be hijacked by product vs product conflict."

I'm here to manage the forums and make things easier for users to find help with Blackmagic Design products, not with other companies products. Simple as that.
Every Day is a drop of Life
Email: red@robertred.ch
Facebook: facebook.com/followRobertRED
Vimeo: vimeo.com/channels/robertred
BMDCC Channel: Vimeo: vimeo.com/channels/bmdcc

Aaron Scheiner

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Robert RED, are you a member of BMD's staff ?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 pm

No he is not.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Robert RED

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 10:37 pm

No i'm a simple user which are closed and locked posts, and does not receive any kind of answers to simple questions

PostWed Oct 09, 2013 3:14 am

SO the cinematography forum is not a place to inquire if and when this will be an "as promised" working camera? Fine. Better set up a forum titled "Things we will not tell you about your Camera" or perhaps a "Promises not kept" forum....or maybe a "we really don't give a hoot about your concerns" forum...or is that where my UNANSWERED question is being put?

I am not ranting about the obvious shortcomings of your product, but rather asking for some HONESTY in the months of repeated requests to address these issues. The very fact that NO ONE HAS STEPPED UP TO TELL US IF THIS CAMERA WILL BE SUPPORTED WITH NECESSARY FUNCTIONING VIA FIRMWARE should be taken as the answer.

Sorry BM....looks like you lost a customer here. I had truly planned on a pocket cinema and possibly a 4K down the road, but the fact that you took my money to fund your next product and left me holding the now devalued "bag" (with holes in it I might add...) shows your respect for me as a customer.

Robert RED

PostWed Oct 09, 2013 8:21 am

Mr. Rivera is as a sniper, shoot only those who dare to talk about certain themes.

To me yesterday to deleted, closed and moved at least 20 messages.
He wants you do not talk about other brands, but only of BMD.
A brand with such problems ...

P.S.: Before announcing nonexistent products, make sure they are ready for delivery, as do all other brands (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Red etc. ..)
A serious company does not update the monthly delivery date.
Is damage to your image and name.
Lose of credibility, in the vast market of cinema.

Stay Tuned & Take Care

-RED-

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 09, 2013 4:30 pm

This is a Blackmagic Design forum. This forum is for our products and third party software/hardware that works in conjunction with ours. If you want to discuss products that aren't related to ours, there are other forums/areas on the internet to have those discussions.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Return to Off-Topic