Setting up resolve light - graphics card

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author
Anthony

Setting up resolve light - graphics card

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 5:01 am

Hi there

I have a Dell precision T3500 Quad core 3GHZwith a Nvidia Quadro Fx5600.
I looked at the resolve configuration and it requires a DeckLink HD Extreme 3D and another card say GTX580-680 series. Can my Quadro fx 5600 be used anywhere here?

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Setting up resolve light - graphics card

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 9:37 pm

I don't think we've tested that board specifically. It is a CUDA enabled board (Version 1.0) and might work, but probably will not give you as much performance for CUDA rendering.

Keep in mind ideally you'd have a two (at least) graphics card setup, one to run the GUI and the other to do the CUDA rendering.

So you can supplement your current setup by using the 5600 board as a GUI board (not needed for processing) and adding a 580/680 board for CUDA processing. This would be fairly inexpensive to do as well and certainly cheaper than buying anothe quadro board.

I hope that helps.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

leobaker

Re: Setting up resolve light - graphics card

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Hello,

I have Quadro 2000 as GUI in a HP XW8600 and Gtx 570 1280mb as the GPU card. I am using Avid Media Composer on the same machine the suggested supported Nvidia driver Avid supply is 275.89 Quadro Tesla driver and when I install the suggested Nvidia driver for Resolve Lite and the Cuda 4.2 troolkit for Windows 64bit. I get driver mismatch eror in Media composer as it's trying to default towards the driver for the GPU card that I am using for Resolve.

Is there a known work around?

Thanks,

Leo

Return to DaVinci Resolve