"No Card" Issue BMPCC

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

halliku

Re: "No Card" Issue BMPCC

PostFri Mar 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Based on the previous comments I got myself Samsung Evo card and made some test in RAW with original BMPCC. Card is recognised and works with Raw. I think I see some minor jittering in the footage when panning but I need to test it some more. So far all good.

EDIT: After few days testing. I get randomly dropped frames red dot while recording RAW or Prores. Sometimes I get it right after starting recording and another time no dropped frames at all. So Samsung is not very reliable.
Last edited by halliku on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tonywilliams

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 pm

I'm having the same issue, but I think many people are wasting time looking into the SD card as the issue. It may be true that the V30 Sandisk cards have an issue. But with mine it's completely different. Have had two 64GB cards I'd used for years, then got a 128GB card I used for over a year. All cards had no issue until recently all cards will not be recognized by the camera, "No Card". However sometimes they will all work and be recognized, tried with all sources of Power, Battery, AC power, Both, and result is always same. Sometimes cards work, sometimes they just don't. Only consistent thing I've seen is that once the card is recognized, "Ready" status. Then if I turn the camera off or on, switch battery or AC power, card stays working, until I take it out and put another card in. Then have to try about 15 to 20 times before camera recognizes card. It must be firmware or camera issue. Which I'm not surprised, because I've used it a lot, and in very hot conditions, and even left it running for long times.

burningarms

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 12:11 am

I'm having success recording RAW 23.98 with the 256GB Samsung EVO Plus I recently ordered off Amazon. I recorded a few shorter clips, then recorded 15 minutes straight, then another few short clips. I did NOT get the dropped frames warning icon, and everything looked fine in Resolve. Not the most thorough testing, but everything seems fine so far.

I had previously tried several 128 GB Sandisk Extreme Pros, then a 128 Samsung EVO (not plus, just regular), and they all said "No Card" every time.
Previous

Return to Cinematography