Failed to write to database Warning

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

virginiaghiglione

Failed to write to database Warning

PostThu Feb 07, 2019 1:57 am

**not sure if this is the correct forum, this is a technical question**

Hi there,

I'm getting this error when trying to open resolve (see picture). I'm working on a computer lab environment, so testing the computers at the moment. We work with a media server, so I was testing connecting to a database saved on that server. Initially I was able to connect to it and re-connect to the offline media easily; it wasn't until I closed resolve and opened it back up that I got this write error. What is frustrating is that resolve immediately crushes before being able to open it so can't get in there to try to fix the error. The media server seems to be connected properly, so I'm assuming this is a read/write permissions issue. I'm mostly trying to get what the problem is so I can communicate with my IT department more fluently, and let them know what we need to fix.

Many thanks!
Virginia
Attachments
IMG_20190205_133227.jpg
IMG_20190205_133227.jpg (488.1 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

Igor Riđanović

Re: Failed to write to database Warning

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 11:18 pm

Like the warning says, it's a permissions issue and it's affecting the Resolve Disc Database.

The volume where you're storing the database has to have +rwx permissions for the user running the Resolve.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

Return to DaVinci Resolve