Red Explanation Mark

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Cee Chung

Red Explanation Mark

PostMon Feb 11, 2019 2:32 am

Ok so I just updated the software for BMPCC and now when I go to record it gives me a "Red Explanation" mark and it stops recording, does anybody have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance!

ted ramasola

Re: Red Explanation Mark

PostMon Feb 11, 2019 8:30 pm

Cee Chung wrote:Ok so I just updated the software for BMPCC and now when I go to record it gives me a "Red Explanation" mark and it stops recording, does anybody have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance!

Are you recording in ProRes? Try if you can record in DNG Raw. If you can record in raw and not in ProRes then you have the same issue as mine when I updated to 6.1 . BM tech support told me they are working on a fix. As to when, they did not say.
System:
PC Windows Pro 10
i7 3.5ghz 32gig RAM
RTX 2070 super
DaVinci Resolve Studio
Intensity Pro 4K

Cee Chung

PostMon Feb 11, 2019 10:44 pm

Yeah I am figuring it was something technical on there end and with the new update, because I switched back to 6.0 and everything was back fine, I see the update took out the ProRes I believe and that's what I was shooting with before, so I am going to wait for that bug fix and then update I hope!!

Wayne Steven

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 9:15 am

Yes, I feel a bit about Red this way myself, except its more a question mark too?
aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Return to Cinematography