h.264 Pro Recorder Power Indicator

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

maneyact

h.264 Pro Recorder Power Indicator

PostWed Feb 13, 2019 11:48 am

Hi,

My first post here.

Can someone please tell me if the H.264 Pro Recorder has a power "On" indicator light or not? I have purchased one second hand and it is not recognised by either a Mac or PC (Windows 10) PC.

I can plug the unit in and I get the tones indicating a USB product is plugged in. That's all I get. Desktop Video Utility doesn't find any device and Media Express has the recorder dulled out.

I do not have any indication on the unit at all that there is power. There is a small hole above the 12v input that I would expect to see something but nadda . Nothing happening at all.

Can someone point me in the right direction if it's something I'm missing.

Cheers, Scott.

Denny Smith

Re: h.264 Pro Recorder Power Indicator

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 6:08 am

The small hole,should have a light showing through it. No light, not power to the recorder.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

srbh41413

Re: h.264 Pro Recorder Power Indicator

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 12:20 am

I had the same concern at first use. Take care that the white light is seen looking at the "edge" of the device; where the connectors are. Between the power connection and USB. There's also a small hole on the top which I first thought was the 'power on window'.

Return to Getting Started