List of all API functions?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Phadeguy

List of all API functions?

PostSun Mar 03, 2024 3:09 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am new to scripting, but I did find the scripting README file with the example scripts. The README on line 86 of the copy I have under the "Basic Resolve API" section says this:
Basic Resolve API
-----------------
Some commonly used API functions are described below
The "some" in this statement implies that this is not all of the API functions. Where can I find the documentation of all API functions?

Thank you for your help!!

UweUwe

Re: List of all API functions?

PostMon Mar 04, 2024 2:59 pm

You can usually find a complete list of API functions in the official documentation provided by the API's developers. If you're using a specific programming language or framework, there might also be community-generated documentation available. You can also try looking at the API's source code to find additional functions. If you're still unable to find the information you're looking for, you might want to consider reaching out to the API's developers or the community for more help.

Phadeguy

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 2:50 pm

UweUwe wrote:You can usually find a complete list of API functions in the official documentation provided by the API's developers. If you're using a specific programming language or framework, there might also be community-generated documentation available. You can also try looking at the API's source code to find additional functions. If you're still unable to find the information you're looking for, you might want to consider reaching out to the API's developers or the community for more help.
Excellent! Where is the official documentation provided by the API's developers? Is there a community-generated documentation repository that will have more information? Where can I get the API source code? Is there a community somewhere that I can find more help? I looked, but I could not find these, hence my post.

Thank you for your suggestions!

roger.magnusson

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

The answer you got reads like it was written by an AI. It's just generic and in the context of Resolve it's nonsense. There's been a few of them on the forum lately for some reason.

There's no additional documentation of API functions. There used to be some "hidden" functions that could be discovered by looking at the Resolve binaries but they have since been documented in the readme.

csanders00

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 11:03 pm

If you're on a mac you can find the docs at

/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Developer/Scripting

If you're using python, you can inspect objects provided by the api in a number of ways.
- the `dir` function which lists all the methods of an object
- the `vars` function which lists all the attributes of an object
- https://docs.python.org/3/library/pprint.html

There's also some unofficial (and outdated) docs at https://resolvedevdoc.readthedocs.io/en ... veapi.html

Return to Software Developers