Does the current ATEM SDK work for iPad OS

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

cpeachock

Does the current ATEM SDK work for iPad OS

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 10:33 pm

Hello, I am looking to add some simple switcher controls to my app that runs on iPad OS.

I see in the SDK documentation states it's good for, Linux, Windows, and OS X. So I am not sure if it will work on iPad OS, yet I see a fully fleshed-out ATEM control software like the app MixEffect that is running on iPads on iOS and iPad OS.

I want to add the ability in my app to choose a static IP the ATEM is assigned and then send camera switching commands to the ATEM over the IP.

Thanks in advance :)

adamtow

Re: Does the current SDK work for iPad OS

PostThu Mar 23, 2023 3:01 am

MixEffect uses a modified version of the swift-atem library on GitHub. You can also use the VideoHub Ethernet protocol to control the newer ATEM switchers. This is officially supported by BMD, unlike the third-party libraries you can find on the net (swift-atem, libAtem, and openswitcher).
Developer of MixEffect, the best app for controlling your ATEM switchers using your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac: https://mixeffect.app

Return to Software Developers