BlueMagic32 | Blackmagic Bluetooth Arduino Library

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

jackees

Re: BlueMagic32 | Blackmagic Bluetooth Arduino Library

PostSat Sep 03, 2022 4:58 am

Hello guys,

Is anyone using this controller with the 7.9 firmware?

paul ross jones

PostSun Dec 03, 2023 8:30 pm

Hi Csaba, I have just sent you a Pm about getting help with BM control software. Cheers Paul

Csaba Nagy wrote:Since I’ve learned about the Bluetooth functionality of the Blackmagic Cameras earlier this year, I’ve sought to bring functional and interesting hardware/software implementations to these great cameras.

To help aid in the pursuit, I’ve been developing an easy-to-use Arduino library, to enable anyone to build their own Bluetooth controllers. From experienced programmers to newcomers, should be very flexible to use.

The library is still in development and will soon be available and I highly encourage people to extend/improve this library as they see fit when it becomes available. ( likely could use some under the hood improvements as It’s my first time developing C++ Library )

Here’s an early look at a really simple piece of demo code that can create a remote trigger with live timecode ( using a $15 development device ) and an example of an integration with a Samsung Gear VR Remote to control the camera. ( really cool possibilities with this as it has lots of buttons, a touchpad, gyroscope/accelerometer and is widely available and cost effective.)

Still working on adding an example or two, would love to hear what kind of examples you’d like to see included with the library and I’ll see If I can make those happen.

alrrjhn

PostThu Dec 21, 2023 10:28 am

This is ace! is it possible to open playback and skip/scrub though clips with this app? I had a search though the library but I am not 100% sure

Regards,
Al.
Previous

Return to Software Developers