IBlackmagicRawProcessedImage::GetWidth

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Hikaru Inoue

IBlackmagicRawProcessedImage::GetWidth

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 1:46 am

Hello,

With certain materials, the GetWidth of the IBlackmagicRawClip and the IBlackmagicRawProcessedImage return slightly different values, is this the expected behavior?

I uploaded a sample clip to OneDrive. This was shot with Pocket Cinema Camera 6K.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkBuNGUZGk-tiWDPEVb ... G?e=t8J2yK

With this, IBlackmagicRawClip::GetWidth returns 2868, but IBlackmagicRawProcessedImage::GetWidth returns 2864.

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Re: IBlackmagicRawProcessedImage::GetWidth

PostThu Apr 09, 2020 2:06 am

Hi, in this case the P6K camera is incorrectly writing 2868 into metadata. The SDK corrects it in IBlackmagicRawProcessedImage::GetWidth but ideally the camera should write the correct value in the first place (or the SDK handle it the same in both places).

Both issues need to be addressed on our side but for now the correct value is 2864 from IBlackmagicRawProcessedImage::GetWidth if you can use that.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Hikaru Inoue

PostFri Apr 10, 2020 7:04 am

Thank you for the reply. I'll check if we can use IBlackmagicRawProcessedImage::GetWidth instead of IBlackmagicRawClip::GetWidth.
By the way, both methods return 2868 in SDK v1.5.

antoine

PostFri Oct 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi,
Will this be fixed for BRAW API 2.0 official release ?
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

antoine

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 12:16 am

Answer is yes, this is fixed with official release 2.0. Thanks Blackmagic ! We also updated BRAW Studio with that fix
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to Software Developers