Entering slate metadata via Bluetooth

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

bobosola

Entering slate metadata via Bluetooth

PostMon Apr 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi, I'm new to the BM dev scene and am in the planning stages of writing a Flutter phone app to control BM cameras via bluetooth. I've found all the control protocol info I need to get started other than how to edit slate metadata, i.e. reel, scene, shot type etc. The official BM iPad app (and some 3rd party phone apps) can do this, but I cannot find the Bluetooth protocol commands for slate editing anywhere. Can someone please advise me if this information is publicly available and, if so, point me in the right direction please? Thank you.

bobosola

Re: Entering slate metadata via Bluetooth

PostTue Apr 21, 2020 7:01 pm

Answering myself for future searchers: the Bluetooth slate commands do exist and are useable, but are undocumented at this time. You can dig the details out of the downloadable code samples in the file Libraries\BluetoothControl\Common\Apple\CCU\CCUPacketTypes.swift and accompanying files.

See also viewtopic.php?f=12&t=111635 where Blackmagic confirmed this category is valid for coding with.

Return to Software Developers