Whole sections missing from Bluetooth documentation?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

bobosola

Whole sections missing from Bluetooth documentation?

PostSat Apr 18, 2020 11:36 pm

I have just dug into the demo Swift code that Blackmagic supply for Bluetooth and it turns out that there are two completely undocumented Bluetooth sections which are fully detailed in the code along with their associated options, types & flag values:
  • Section 9: Status - this has 8 features including battery, power, remaining record time etc.
  • Section 12: Metadata - this has 16 slate features including reel, scene, take etc.
I presume these are undocumented for a reason, because the current Bluetooth documentation jumps from section 8 to section 10 missing out section 9 entirely, and section 12 is entirely missing also.

So my question is: are these still supported for coding with? A definitive answer from a BM staffer would be good please so that I can decide whether it's safe to use any of these in my own app. Thanks.

Brendan Dower

Blackmagic Design

Re: Whole sections missing from Bluetooth documentation?

PostTue Apr 21, 2020 4:02 am

Hi Bob,

Yes, it is fine to use commands from those categories in your development. Our Camera Code Samples make use of these commands and it is okay for you to use these commands in the same way.

Kind regards,
Brendan
Brendan Dower
Blackmagic Design Developer Support

bobosola

Re: Whole sections missing from Bluetooth documentation?

PostTue Apr 21, 2020 6:50 pm

Good to know, thanks for replying Brendan, just what I wanted to hear :D .

Return to Software Developers