ATEM control software required?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

george.white

ATEM control software required?

PostTue Sep 08, 2020 11:43 pm

I downloaded the ATEM OSX SDK and tried to run one of the sample binaries, DeviceInfo. It responds with
A Switcher Discovery instance could not be created. The Switcher drivers may not be installed.
I do not have an ATEM on the network and did not expect to get very far but am concerned that this means that I will not be able to make a standalone application but will need ATEM control software on the machine. Or are the drivers a part of the SDK I need to install?
--George White

Ian Morrish

Re: ATEM control software required?

PostThu Sep 10, 2020 5:35 am

You only need to install the ATEM Software Control application for the API to be properly registered. No need to really download the SDK to get the samples to run. Even the SDK manual is included in the desktop software install.
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

george.white

Re: ATEM control software required?

PostThu Sep 10, 2020 11:17 pm

I don't have the ATEM Software Control application on my mac. Sounds like it is a requirement to have it installed. Also, I have used your EDL program on a PC that did have the software and it worked great for me - thanks.
--George White

Return to Software Developers