ScheduleVideoFrame doesn't work after a Windows update

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

gianpat

ScheduleVideoFrame doesn't work after a Windows update

PostFri Oct 16, 2020 9:41 am

After a windows update IDeckLinkOutput.ScheduleVideoFrame doesn't work. This happen every morning when I open the computer. Until now I was uninstalling and installing again ther driver; today I saw that If I run once MediaExpress, then ScheduleVideoFrame start working.
This behavior started after an update to Windows 2004. After a long time waiting for the Windows update I saw that the decklink card didn't work so I tried to uninstall the blackmagic drivers but it was impossible and, necessarily, I had to roll down Windows to the previous version, uninstall the Blackmagic driver, upgrade again Windows to the version 2004 and installed again the Blackmagic driver (3-4 hours wasted). And now I have this issue.

Yesterday, also, a client of mine called me because the software using the decklink card didn't work after an Windows update. We uninstalled the Decklink driver (maybe it was possible becouse it was a previous version of Window), installed again and then it worked, but I told my client to not restart the computer if he doens't really need it. After that I called all my clients to suggest them to disable the automatic Windows update.

Blackmagic people are you aware of this issue?

Thanks
Giancarlo

gianpat

Re: ScheduleVideoFrame doesn't work after a Windows update

PostSat Oct 17, 2020 5:49 pm

Update:

Hi,

Yesterday I wrote that, when my computer restarts, my application stops running when it use the command IDeckLinkOutput.ScheduleVideoFrame (or, maybe, the IDeckLinkOutput.StartScheduledPlayback(0, 100, 1.0)) and this behavior started after a Windows update.
Today I understood that it fails only the first time it is running. The second time it works.
I also noticed that the "Desktop video setup" doesn't show, as default video standard, the one saved before the computer restart (1080i50), but it shows the first in the list (525i59.94 NTSC). I don't know if it means something because when my application starts it selects itself the wanted DeckLinkDisplayMode (previously saved).

If some Blackmagic guy has any idea I would appreciate some help.
I am working with a new Decklink Duo 2 and the driver version is 11.6.

Thanks
Giancarlo

gianpat

Re: ScheduleVideoFrame doesn't work after a Windows update

PostMon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 am

Good Morning

Please, can some guy from Blackmagic support, have a look at the image attached? This is the error message I am seeing in the morning when the decklink card doesn't start if I run the application for the first time. As I wrote before , this happens only the first time. The second time and later it works.

Thanks

Giancarlo
Attachments
IMG_3333.jpg
IMG_3333.jpg (460.17 KiB) Viewed 757 times

Return to Software Developers