Decklink Duo - easy way to display input full screen on PC

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

iuksystems

Decklink Duo - easy way to display input full screen on PC

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi all,

I appreciate this is not really a Dev question but I'm hoping someone will know...

I'm looking for a quick and dirty way just to display the input from an SDI port(a Duo card) on a PC monitor. I was hoping to do this without writing any code! I know I can use the Blackmagic Media Express software - this gives me a 1/4 size view of the captured input of the card but there is no way to make it full frame.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: Decklink Duo - easy way to display input full screen on

PostMon Dec 14, 2020 12:35 am

Hi Jeff,

The SDK provided screen preview helpers such as IDeckLinkGLScreenPreviewHelper and IDeckLinkDX9ScreenPreviewHelper are intended for small window preview operations with the lowest possible performance impact. These preview helpers render the preview at 1/2 height, 1/4 height for 4K and 1/8 height for 8K by skipping lines. You can see code sample of these screen preview helpers in CapturePreview SDK Sample.

Applications that require full-screen rendering should implement their own rendering functionality. Generate a class that implements IDeckLinkScreenPreviewCallback and receive preview frames in the IDeckLinkScreenPreviewCallback::DrawFrame callback.

Regards
Cameron

Ian Morrish

Re: Decklink Duo - easy way to display input full screen on

PostThu Dec 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Ffplay (comes with ffmpeg) can do this.
Also OBS can capture a decklink input and display it full screen on any connected monitor.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Return to Software Developers