Looking for SDK function to set picture-in-picture input

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

hermiteer

Looking for SDK function to set picture-in-picture input

PostThu Jan 21, 2021 5:43 am

Hi! I've been porting the SDK to Swift for use in a macOS project. One of the features is to be able to specify the input for the "picture in picture" on an ATEM Mini. On device it is labeled as "PICTURE IN PICTURE". Full disclosure: I do not have a production video background most of the terminology in the SDK is unknown to me.

I've figured out how to turn picture-in-picture on/off with the IBMDSwitcherKey->SetOnAir(), but how do I specify the input? I've tried IBMDSwitcherKey->SetInputCut(BMDSwitcherInputId) but that does work, Input 1 is always shown as the picture-in-picture.

Next time I'll try IBMDSwitcherKey->SetInputFill(BMDSwitcherInputId), but it's just a guess. Am I on the right path?
Last edited by Tony Rivera on Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited subject for clarity

tomblchr

Re: Looking for SDK function to set picture-in-picture input

PostSat Jan 23, 2021 3:47 pm

Try the IBMDSwitcherTransitionDVEParameters->SetInputFill(BMDSwitcherInputId)

I have not verified what is above, however my understanding is that picture-in-picture is provided by the DVE and the documentation states, "DVE type key uses its own mask settings available in the IBMDSwitcherKeyDVEParameters interface."

Return to Software Developers