Controlling On Air Light\Indication with HyperDeck status

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

glober

Controlling On Air Light\Indication with HyperDeck status

PostMon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi,

I'm working with a customer who wants a custom built OnAir indicator (which is a part of a larger product) to be triggered with a status of at least one out of 10 HyperDecks. In other words, if one or more of the 10 HyperDecks are recording, the OnAir indicator should go bright.

The thing is that these HyperDecks are usually managed with either an ATEM or (in some scenarios) with an iPad application, which means that I can no longer interact with them over Ethernet (given the single client limitation). Is there any other way to query if those recorders are currently recording or not, given that they're inaccessible via Ethernet? For example, would it be possible to read the status of these recorders through a Remote interface, while they're still been managed over Ethernet? Or is there a better way of telling programmatically that HyperDecks are currently recording?

Thanks in advance!

Ian Morrish

Re: Controlling On Air Light\Indication with HyperDeck statu

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 8:20 am

If they are controlled by the ATEM (max 4 devices) then multiple apps using the ATEM API can check the recording status.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

Return to Software Developers