Bluetooth protocol

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

tonybeccar

Bluetooth protocol

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 4:57 am

Hello!

I am in the process of building a personal Bluetooth remote. Everything is going good, except for one thing. I wanna build a stills capture button. I know it is implemented because the apps now have that functionality over bluetooth since update 6.9.5. However there is nothing on the official documentation about it.

Can somebody tell me how the capture stills protocol is?

Thank you!

Story is everything

Re: Bluetooth protocol

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 10:18 pm

I have been looking for the related API/SDK also for the ever mysterious " single frame " capture. I let know you when I discover something

smunaut

PostWed Mar 10, 2021 10:47 pm

Sending message '\x01\x04\x00\x00\x0a\x03\x00\x00' will trigger capture of a still image just like pressing the still button.
Resolve Studio - Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD RX6600 / NVidia RTX 4070 (switching between the 2) - Linux

tonybeccar

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 2:44 am

Amazing, they JUST updated the manual to include this!
Now working fine.

I wish they could separate the "display status" and the "frame guides", working on something good for that.

And I wonder if there are more hidden settings out there.

One thing I WISH they would do is to let us turn the frame guide's opacity level to 0%. Doing it via bluetooth doesn't work. Because nowadays in most shoots you gotta frame for 2 different deliveries, so you can't have vital information with opacity on it.

Return to Software Developers