How to deinterlace with sdk

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

michaelukw

How to deinterlace with sdk

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 10:07 am

Hi black magic community,

I am capturing image with the sdk in c++.
The "Capture" of the example code, in the sdk zip is the base for my little program.
It works just fine. My only problem is, if the source is interlaced (e.g. 1080i50) the frame is interlaced.
I am recording the frames with ffmpeg. I searched in the Blackmagic DeckLink SDK.pdf for any function which deinterlaces the signal, but I could not find anything. Even the word "interlace" has only 4 hits.
What is the easiest way to deinterlace with the SDK?
Deinterlacing with FFMPEG is not an option, since between I use AI for image manipulation and it needs to be interlaced for this already. The AI output is show on a display, this needs to be as fast as possible.
(I am working with Linux)
BR Michael

peter_k

Re: How to deinterlace with sdk

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 12:35 pm

Hi, the same problem here. I would like to know how is de-interlacing done in OpenGL that is rendering frames from the SDK (it looks like image is deinterlaced in the Capture Preview app...).
Is it really the only way to split frame to fields, fileds to textures, blend them and blit back?
I also found that I can't get valid frames with UltraStudio Recorder 3G if input is 1080p50 (I tried BMD CapturePreview too) (it detects signal as 1080p25). Set displayMode manualy didn't help. Framebuffer is all black.

Return to Software Developers