(Solved) DuplexMode from Decklink SDK 10.11 and newer

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Mitra Mahmoodzadeh

(Solved) DuplexMode from Decklink SDK 10.11 and newer

PostWed Jul 14, 2021 6:30 am

Hello,

We could set DuplexMode in all versions older than 10.11 like this :
Code: Select all
hr = spDeckLinkConfiguration->SetInt(bmdDeckLinkConfigDuplexMode, bmdDuplexModeHalf);

But in the newer versions there is bmdDeckLinkConfigDuplexMode_v10_11 instead of bmdDeckLinkConfigDuplexMode , but cannot cast it to BMDDeckLinkConfigurationID , I want to change connector mapping of a 8K Pro by API.

Please help me

Regards
Mitra
Last edited by Mitra Mahmoodzadeh on Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: Cannot set DuplexMode from Decklink SDK 10.11 and newer

PostFri Jul 16, 2021 3:35 am

Hi Mitra,

The configuration item bmdDeckLinkConfigDuplexMode was dropped in Desktop Video SDK 11.0, you now use profiles to configure duplex mode. This change allowed for an increase in the number of modes that the DeckLink 8K Pro could operate in, specifically the 2 sub-device full-duplex and 4 sub-device half-duplex profiles.

You have several options:
  1. Replace code for setting duplex mode with code to set the active profile. The DeckLink SDK Manual has a high-level overview on how to do this in section 2.4.11.3 and you can also refer to the ActivateProfile SDK sample.
  2. Continue to compile your code against Desktop Video SDK headers prior to 11.0, however you won't be able to use the new profiles. You can alway run applications built with older SDKs against recent Desktop Video releases.

Regards
Cameron

Mitra Mahmoodzadeh

Re: Cannot set DuplexMode from Decklink SDK 10.11 and newer

PostSun Jul 18, 2021 7:29 pm

Cameron, As always, my problem was solved with your perfect answer. Now I can use all newer SDKs.

Thank you very much for your support.

But I have a bigger problem related to the connector mapping , Please have a look at my other question.

Return to Software Developers