Videohub Control via Webpage

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

not_zeby

Videohub Control via Webpage

PostMon Aug 09, 2021 3:19 pm

Hello,

We are using a Videohub 40x40 in our company. Due to the complexity of the setup, we want to programme a simple control for the most important sources and destinations for our staff that can be accessed from anywhere in the house.

First we looked at the Videohub Control App for iPad, but it is not necessarily suitable for our requirements. Therefore, we are currently working on a web interface. Now there is the following problem: The Videohub Ethernet Protocol uses a TCP connection via port 9990. However, all browser-based script commands I know of, such as WebSocket for JS, have fixed ports.

Hence the question: Does anyone know a way to control a Videohub via a web UI?

Best regards from Tübingen (Germany) & many thanks in advance!

Sebastian

not_zeby

Re: Videohub Control via Webpage

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 5:26 pm

Kim Janson wrote:Node RED should make things quite easy for you.

Thanks for this suggestion, that looks quite interesting! I'll try this in the next days and post an update.

Best, Sebastian

not_zeby

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 4:25 pm

I had time in between to test the proposed solution with Node-Red. After some trial and error, I came up with a workable solution. The crucial code looks like this:

Code: Select all
msg.payload = "VIDEO OUTPUT ROUTING:"; //calling the videohub to change the routing
node.send(msg); //sending the command
msg.payload = '\r\n'; //generating a return command
node.send(msg); //sending
msg.payload = '8 0'; //routing input 9 (which is in the code 8) to output 1 (which is 0)
msg.payload = '\r\n \r\n'; //double return

This code is integrated into a function node that can be called using a button, and then passes its content to a tcp request node that addresses the videohub.

Overall, a very clever solution - thanks a lot for that!

MediaGuy4

PostWed Dec 29, 2021 3:32 pm

Thank You @not_zeby for posting your Node-Red code, very helpful for a project I've been working on. I have successfully setup Node-Red running inside Home Assistant so we can control some VideoHub routing changes in remote (offsite) locations using a Stream Deck. Works well.

EvariSTC

PostSun Jan 08, 2023 7:12 pm

@not_zeby can you post a screenshot of your flow, or maybe your flow as attachment? I want to read an output status but I can't understand your implementation.

Return to Software Developers