Preview in Web Browser

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

tyxxybm

Preview in Web Browser

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 6:47 am

Hi all,

I'm writting to see if someone have similar scenario or have some suggestions.

In my scenario, I try to employ a DeckLink 4k Extreme 12G - HDMI 2.0 capture card in my parallel visualizaiton system.

There I have 4 Rendering Stations and 1 Display Station. Rendering Stations are for parallel rendering one extreame complex scene in real-time, and gather all those outputs (subimages) to the Display Station by the card.

Displaying all these subimages are carried out in a browser, said chrome, in the Display Station, with some extra html5 elements.

So my first question is: is there are some ways to preivew with some html5 code? If html5 is impossible, my second choise would be PPAPI. That's fine, although more code.

Another critical thing is latence in my scenario. I found that preview latency is at least 50ms, and sometimes 200ms or more, in BlackMagic Media express. I noticed that NVIDIA GPUDirect is supported by the card. And in NVIDIA GPUDirect official site, it said:

"GPUDirect for Video technology is available to application developers through 3rd Party partner SDKs and gives developers full control to stream video in and out of the GPU at Sub-Frame transfer times in OpenGL, DirectX or CUDA on Windows or Linux." ref: https://developer.nvidia.com/gpudirectf ... #Developer.

So my second question is: Would it be helpful for reducing preview latency? And what extrat coding work should be done except a dedicated Quadro GPU?

Thanks in advanced!

Return to Software Developers