FIRST STEP with DeckLink Duo 2

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

CLARA2021

FIRST STEP with DeckLink Duo 2

PostWed Aug 25, 2021 12:14 pm

Hello,

I've tried to create a MFC application with Visual Studio 2017 for Windows 10 v21H1 to capture SDI Video in RAW format

I'm looking fr SDK manual that indicate :

2.1 Using DeckLink API : I've imported DeckLinkAPI.idl to my project and include the file DeckLinkAPIversion.h
No problem with build

2.3.1 Add Entry to API:

IDeckLinkIterator *DeckLinkIterator=NULL;
CoCreateInstance( CLSID_CDeckLinkIterator, ....

At this step, build/compilation are not possible because IDeckLinkIterator is unknown ...

What is missing ?

If I add to my project 2 files :
DeckLinkAPI_i.c and DeckLinkAPI_h.h, I have new error : unexpected end of file, Have you forget to include to your source file PCH.H ?

Brendan Dower

Blackmagic Design

Re: FIRST STEP with DeckLink Duo 2

PostTue Aug 31, 2021 6:56 am

Hi Delphine,

You need to compile the idl file using the MIDL compiler. You can do this by right-clicking on it and pressing 'compile'. This will generate the required DeckLinkAPI_i.c and DeckLinkAPI_h.h files.

Please see the Developer FAQ for more information. You can find this on our developer website, or on the support page below:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/support/faq/59024

In particular, please see the section titled "[Windows] DeckLink SDK missing DeckLinkAPI_i.c".
Brendan Dower
Blackmagic Design Developer Support

CLARA2021

PostTue Aug 31, 2021 8:19 am

I've already compiled as indicated and add to my projeect the 2 files generated. Error occurs as dscribed.
Not possible to compile

Brendan Dower

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 10, 2021 5:54 am

Hi Delphine,

The pch.h file is the default name of the precompiled header for Visual Studio 2019. This was previously stdafx.h in Visual Studio 2017.
The precompiled header settings can be accessed in the project settings. You can choose to Use, Create or not to use these precompiled headers. The name of the precompiled header can be changed in these settings too.

According to what you've stated, there appears to be a mismatch in the project settings and the pch.h file. My guess is that your system is configured to use precompiled headers "Use (/Yu)", however, these precompiled headers do not yet exist.

Can you try setting this to "Create (/Yc)" and see if this fixes the issue?
Brendan Dower
Blackmagic Design Developer Support

Return to Software Developers