Add License Key & Activate Programmatically

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DrewFulton

Add License Key & Activate Programmatically

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 5:51 pm

I've got a bit of an odd use case and don't seem to be able to find a solution anywhere and am hoping to get some feedback here.

I'm in a situation where I want the ability to spin up a handful of Amazon EC2 instances running Resolve Studio and activate each instance with a different License key. I realize I could store a different VM EC2 Image for each registered instance, and I'll do that if I must, but that is highly inefficient as far as maintaining 5 different virtual machines where the only difference is a license key. If I have to change the scripts I am running, I then have to do it in 5 different images instead of in a single master image.

So my question is this, is it possible to apply a license key and activate a copy of Resolve Studio programmatically? Ideally this could be done through a simple command line (something like the -nogui flag) but I'm also willing to do something much more manual (like updating an internal file somewhere).

Thanks for any guidance

Return to DaVinci Resolve