Is it possible that write a subclass of the IDeckLinkMutable

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

windragon0419

Is it possible that write a subclass of the IDeckLinkMutable

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 9:07 am

Hi,
For some reason, I want to output a VideoFrame that contain both HDR and TimeCode, I check the SDK document, it seems that the HDR should implements the IDeckLinkVideoFrame and IDeckLinkVideoFrameMetadataExtensions interface, and the TimeCode should use IDeckLinkMutableVideoFrame which created by IDeckLinkOutput::CreateVideoFrame.
May be I made some mistake, so, what shall I do ?
Best Regards
Degang.Wu

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: Is it possible that write a subclass of the IDeckLinkMut

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 4:06 am

Hi Degang,

Yes it is possible to subclass IDeckLinkMutableVideoFrame, similar to subclassing IDeckLinkVideoFrame, but in addition implement the following methods:
  • SetFlags
  • SetTimecode
  • SetTimecodeFromComponents
  • SetAncillaryData
  • SetTimecodeUserBits
These methods can simply call the underlying IDeckLinkMutableVideoFrame object. You can then attach the timecode by calling either SetTimecode or SetTimecodeFromComponenents.

You will find an example of subclassing IDeckLinkMutableVideoFrame in the SignalGenerator3DVideoFrame class in the SignalGenerator SDK sample.

Regards
Cameron

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Is it possible that write a subclass of the IDeckLinkMut

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 5:31 am

Please contact Tony, details at the top of this sub forum, and submit your full name for registration so we can approve your future posts.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to Software Developers