Only 4 channels can capture images on my decklink quad 2

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

lwy1255

Only 4 channels can capture images on my decklink quad 2

PostThu Mar 31, 2022 6:29 am

I find that only 4 sdi channels (ports) can receive video signals instead of 8 channels on my card. From my own developped application or Blackmedia express or QuadPreview(sdk sample) I find same result, Is it because of the limitation of free sdk? or something wrong with my decklink quad 2?

thanks

li yan

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: Only 4 channels can capture images on my decklink quad 2

PostMon Apr 04, 2022 10:25 pm

Hi Li,

Check that each connector pair is configured as 2 sub-device half-duplex profile and not 1 sub-device full-duplex. The 2 sub-device mode allows each connector pair to operate independently as an input or output.

You can check and change this by running Desktop Video Setup and checking the connectors tab for the device. Otherwise you can run the ActivateProfile SDK sample from the command line. Begin with the -h option to check device index, then -d {index} -h to check the current and available profiles. You will need to run for each device pairing (4 times for the DeckLink Quad 2).

You can read more about profiles in section 2.4.11 of the Desktop Video SDK Manual.

Regards
Cameron

lwy1255

Re: Only 4 channels can capture images on my decklink quad 2

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 6:57 am

Hi Cameron,

It really works. Thanks a lot.

Li yan

Return to Software Developers