Resolve scripting autocompletion for PyCharm

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Ashark

Resolve scripting autocompletion for PyCharm

PostWed Apr 06, 2022 10:57 am

While I was writing the script for dr in pycharm ide, I noticed there were no completion suggestions. Is there a way to enable this? And why it is not available in the first place?

I currently do not know how this works in python, but I guess there is some kind of manifest / header file, describing the list of available functions, return types, descriptions.

I also have seen a https://github.com/nutti/fake-bpy-module project, which's purpose is similar - it is a folder that you add to the project, and get suggestions/completions for blender python scripting. Maybe somebody could use that as example to create a similar project (fake-DaVinciResolveScript-module)?

Tang Qiang

Re: Resolve scripting autocompletion for PyCharm

PostMon Apr 11, 2022 1:14 pm

I was wondering the same thing.
In VSCode there is a specific setting in settings.json, one just need to add the Resolve libraries:

Code: Select all
"python.autoComplete.extraPaths": [
        "/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Developer/Scripting/",
        "/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Developer/Scripting/Modules/",
        "/Applications/DaVinci Resolve/DaVinci Resolve.app/Contents/Libraries/Fusion/fusionscript.so"
    ]

Unfortunatelly, I haven't found the equivalent in PyCharm.

Ashark

Re: Resolve scripting autocompletion for PyCharm

PostSun Apr 24, 2022 4:48 pm

There is @pedrolabonia's project pydavinci, see here. But it is not about autocompleting the original api, it is about changing api to be more pythonic.

Return to Software Developers