BMDDeckLinkSupportsInputFormatDetection on 8k

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

AT@resi

BMDDeckLinkSupportsInputFormatDetection on 8k

PostFri Apr 08, 2022 5:15 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to iterate over a list of devices after setting the 8k card and determine if they are input or output logical devices successfully setting the device profile to "bmdProfileTwoSubDevicesFullDuplex". I have confirmed that the profile was set correctly, but I am now trying to distinguish the logical input and out devices and separate themts to ultimately list just the inputs in a UI. The idea was to use the below call and set boolean isInputDevice depending on the device type, buttl, but it returns 'true' on all both input and output devices.

Code: Select all
result = deckLinkAttributes->GetFlag(BMDDeckLinkSupportsInputFormatDetection, &supported);
if (result == S_OK)
{
   printf(" %-40s %s\n", "Input mode detection supported ?", supported ? "True" : "False");
}
else
{
   fprintf(stderr, "Could not query the input mode detection attribute- result = %08x\n", result);
}

Still going though the API documentation but so far I this method is the closest to what I need, yet it returns true even for output devices. This has me wondering if configured output devices still support Input Format Detection? If so, why?

I want to be able to identify an input device even if the SDI cable is unplugged.

Thanks in advance.

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: BMDDeckLinkSupportsInputFormatDetection on 8k

PostSun Apr 10, 2022 11:23 pm

Hi Austin,

Please refer to section 2.4.11 of the DeckLink SDK Manual for the mapping of connectors for the DeckLink 8K Pro profiles. For 2 sub-device full-duplex profile, the connections from the PCIe edge are:
  • Reference In
  • DeckLink 8K Pro (1) - input
  • DeckLink 8K Pro (1) - output
  • DeckLink 8K Pro (2) - input
  • DeckLink 8K Pro (2) - output
The remaining devices (DeckLink 8K Pro (3) and DeckLink 8K Pro (4)) are inactive in this profile. You can check the duplex/inactive state by querying integer attribute BMDDeckLinkDuplex and checking return enum BMDDuplexMode. See section 3.61 for list of possible values.

Regards
Cameron

Return to Software Developers