ATEM SDK, VB.NET, Implementing Callbacks and/or Still Lock

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

schnortz

ATEM SDK, VB.NET, Implementing Callbacks and/or Still Lock

PostSun May 15, 2022 11:47 pm

First, thank you for taking the time to read this post. Simply put, I am looking for major guidance and/or code samples in regards to programming CallBacks and their interfaces using VB.Net and the ATEM Switchers SDK.

As a high school teacher, I am writing an app for our upcoming commencement ceremony. The app is presently able to allow the user to select from the preloaded lower-thirds stills from the media pool, read/set the appropriate NextTransitionStyle (Mix), NextTransitionSelection, transition Rate and perform the Auto Transition.

What has completely perplexed me is the ability to create any type of CallBack. At first, one version of the program was going to generate and upload my lower-third pngs on the fly, but got stuck after being unable to apply a Lock because I could not figure out how to apply the IBMDSwitcherLockCallback interface and thus set the BMDSwitcherStills::Lock. So I decided to go back to my preloaded png route, but then realized that to take advantage of some of the automated commands I wanted to program also require being able to AddCallbacks and do such and such code when an event was triggered.

I have looked (and tried converting) the provided C++ (which I know very little about) CallbackMonitors.cpp in SwitcherMediaPool. I also thought I was getting somewhere with SwitcherPanelCSharp' SwitcherMonitor, MixEffectBlockMonitor, InputMonitor using https://converter.telerik.com/ Switched Inherits to Implements upon Google researching and added Implements to the Sub Notify. Experimented with Invokes vs RaiseEvents. Yet, I have been unable to figure out how to get Callback event handled.

So after a couple of days of great frustration, I realize I am spinning my wheels and need to follow my own advice to students. Hence, why I am asking assistance (and if willing, code examples) from more knowledgeable individuals.

Return to Software Developers