Request: TCP/OSC Commands

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

jesn_tec

Request: TCP/OSC Commands

PostThu Jul 07, 2022 3:18 am

Hello,

i think that the ATEM could send simple TCP or OSC Messages thru Macros would be nice.
A Simple non GUI, only creating with Macro XML, to define the Messages would be a huge advantage for ATEM Products and Professionals.

I am unhappy that i always have to use a Streamdeck for Simple triggering my CG Server for Custom Key/Fill Graphics. Sending TCP/OSC thru a Macro for triggering CG Server or other Third Party Devices would be nice for integration.

I could write Software thats emulate a Hyperdeck for contolling Third Party Devices, but why not implementing such a powerfull Tool into the ATEM. Other Companys can do this too. Would love this and I think many others too.

greetings Jason
Media Engineer & GFX Operator | AV Integrator
Building Custom Broadcast CG Templates and Services

Xtreemtec

Re: Request: TCP/OSC Commands

PostMon Jul 11, 2022 8:16 am

Totally agree with you.. But i dont see it happen as they are not really keen on feature requests turning out into the products.

Also from a marketing standpoint they rather want you to buy hyperdecks then do this with CasparCG. ;)

So yes build an emulator for Hyperdeck. ( Which is pretty standard plain telnet Text based )

Hell i should build a small ESP32 source for it. So people can trigger it themself ;)

Which would also be able to do the same with Caspar.. Just a cheap $10 ESP32 in your network to link it.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Software Developers