Internal keying breaks capturing?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

abierlein

Internal keying breaks capturing?

PostWed Nov 02, 2022 5:28 pm

Hello,

I just started getting into the Decklink SDK with the 8K Pro. I'm trying to create an application that uses 1 input and 1 output. The input video should be mirrored to the output (which I understand is what the Keying flag enables). The application should still received the input frames and create the key frames to be superimposed based on some analysis of the incoming video stream. Since the processing can take some time I want the input video to be sent directly to the output without waiting. The keyframe will be sent back to the output at a later time.

So far I was able to build a small application that captures the input video and shows it on the PC using OpenCV. This is working perfectly fine. As soon as I enable the internal keying, however, the captured input becomes some green-ish noise. No other change was made.

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 18.26.09.png
Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 18.26.09.png (375.4 KiB) Viewed 1251 times

Does enabling the internal keyer somehow change the input format of the video stream or in any ways makes it impossible to capture frames?

Thanks in advance for your support

Return to Software Developers