Looking for hire some ATEM, BMCamera, Hyperdeck Scipting hel

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

mattpf

Looking for hire some ATEM, BMCamera, Hyperdeck Scipting hel

PostWed Jan 04, 2023 6:02 am

I'm the senior editor/workflow wizard of the internal video production department for an educational curriculum company.

We're in the process of streamlining and automating as much of our workflow as possible and I'm doing some research and getting some quotes on various scripts we need to be written and what is actually possible.

Our studio consists of:
  • 1x ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K
  • 4x Blackmagic Pocket 4K cameras (connected via UpDownCrossConvertHD SDI into the switcher)
  • 1x Hyperdeck Studio HD Mini (For recording two different computer screens via Aux Output 1)
  • 1x UltraStudio SDI (which records our Program out via SDI from the ATEM Software Control app on a Windows 10 machine)
  • ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel

The switcher, Hyperdeck, Windows 10 box, and the Broadcast panel are all connected to our private video department network (on which our workstations, 300+TB of shared storage, render farm, etc. also reside).

We'll soon be getting some bidirectional converters for the cameras so that we can set up camera control. Once that happens we will

I understand that only the ATEM minis are able to trigger recording in connected cameras through the camera control protocol. However, if I understand correctly, record start/stop over SDI/HDMI is still supported in the API.

Here are the scripts I am researching and possibly getting quotes for:

1. Master Record Script: Trigger the record start/stop of the Hyperdeck, Cameras, and Output Capture Video interface at the same time.
    Ideally, this would work just like the Bluetooth app for the cameras in that pressing record anywhere (on the cameras or the app) starts and stops recording for all connected devices. But failing that a single master record button would be fine.
    Ideally, the fact that recording has started (or failed to start) should also be reported or available.
  2. Set Slate Metadata: Set the scene, take, good take, production, etc slate metadata in the clips and/or the filenames. The cameras obviously do this fine. I've seen that there is something related to slate metadata for Hyperdeck, but no real documentation. I've also seen some apps that can build a filename for Hyperdeck.
    Not sure what is even possible as far as the Output Capture Video page in the ATEM app. It doesn't even get recorded when making a Macro.
  3. ATEM Event Logger/Recorder The ATEM Mini ISO models can record all sources while also creating a Resolve timeline for later editing. Not available on other switcher models, but I've seen a simple event logger that makes an EDL. So basically something that records your switcher actions, triggered by the above recording script and using the ATEM's timecode. Combined with the session, a script could parse this into an XML to import into NLE and be ready to edit.

Here is how I imagine all this working during a Multicam shoot (either live or live to tape)

All recording starts and stops at the technical directors' command. Timecode is supplied by the switcher to all recordings.
Our AD is taking notes and logging the shoot in a Google Sheet. They mark the good takes and record the scene and take numbers and make timecoded notes about performance, etc. The timecode field gets its timecode from the ATEM api.
When they change slate data (good take, scene, take, production name, director, day/night, int/ext, pick-up, etc) it changes the metadata on the cameras and hyperdeck accordingly. The current clip if currently recording or the next clip if in standby.
When recording is stopped it starts a new entry with the take number auto-incremented.

When the shoot is wrapped, footage is ingested via Hedge, proxies transcoded automatically via EditReady, and a Premiere project is built and all footage imported, synced, and multiclipped (we have already gotten quotes on a this script for premiere). The recorded session is imported and parsed into a timeline with line cut on the top track.
The editor can open up the project on their workstation ready to edit.

How much of this is possible?
Anyone able to do this?

Xtreemtec

Re: Looking for hire some ATEM, BMCamera, Hyperdeck Scipting

PostWed Jan 04, 2023 5:41 pm

For the things you want, Only 1 name pops into my mind that might be able to have a few tricks to do it.

Ian Morrish

https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com/blog/
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Chris Hocking

Re: Looking for hire some ATEM, BMCamera, Hyperdeck Scipting

PostSat Jan 14, 2023 2:01 am

You can probably tick off a lot of these things without a developer just by using:

https://bitfocus.io/companion/

Return to Software Developers