API - Input Status

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

gletiecq

API - Input Status

PostThu Feb 09, 2023 3:31 am

I am developing some software for using a StreamDeck with ATEM switchers, as I'm a little frustrated with some of the limitations of bitfocus companion. Now I'm finding limitations in the SDK as well.

One of the things I want to do is only populate the input selection buttons for inputs for an M/E when they actually have an active signal on the input, but the API doesn't provide that information. It would be super helpful if we were able to obtain information about the signal type (SDI level, bit level, FPS, etc.) as well to assist in debugging a setup, but for my purposes I'll be satisfied if when I make a call to IBMDSwitcherInput::GetInputAvailability() that the BMDSwitcherInputAvailability had a field bmdSwitcherInputAvailabilityActive that identified whether there was a valid signal present on the input.

Yeah, all I'm asking for is one little bit. Literally.

I imagine this might be useful information to have for the control application or control surface as well - you could (optionally) disable an unconnected input key to prevent someone switching to an invalid input source. During a show, that's not a good thing to have happen.

BTW, great job on the rest of all this. I am really pleased with it being a publicly available API and look forward to seeing all you're working on with it.

Brendan Dower

Blackmagic Design

Re: API - Input Status

PostWed Feb 15, 2023 1:21 am

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately, our ATEM Switchers do not currently have any input detection. As you've already noticed, there's no way to get this info from the Switchers SDK.

I have logged this to our ATEM engineers as a feature request on your behalf.

Kind regards,
Brendan.
Brendan Dower
Blackmagic Design Developer Support

Return to Software Developers