Transcode BRAW - Ffastrans

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

andrezagato

Transcode BRAW - Ffastrans

PostFri Feb 17, 2023 6:13 pm

Hello,
I've searched around but coudn't find it. Maybe someone could help me with the direction.
I have been using for a while a software called FFAstrans for transcoding footage to mxf op1a to use in avid.
It is a simple but powerful program that mainly allows to create node workflows using the Avisynth and ffmpeg engines to transcode.

I would like to transcode BRAW. I see there is the SDK available, but I'm not a software engineer. I would like to know at least if it would be possible to do so.
If it is possible, I will look for someone able and try make this happen.

Thanks

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

Re: Transcode BRAW - Ffastrans

PostMon Feb 20, 2023 10:15 pm

Yes in theory its possible. In the Blackmagic RAW download one of the sample code apps we have is OpenEXRTranscode - this compiles into a command line transcode tool that will create OpenEXR sequences from Blackmagic RAW clips with various options.

Someone could take this sample code and modify it to work with other encoders like ffmpeg, or use it for reference/inspiration etc.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

andrezagato

Re: Transcode BRAW - Ffastrans

PostThu Feb 23, 2023 3:21 pm

Thanks!
I will look into it!

Return to Software Developers