Get/Set main FadeRate and Cut Button (hot switching)

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

cutterstorm

Get/Set main FadeRate and Cut Button (hot switching)

PostTue Mar 07, 2023 11:03 am

Dear people,

I have 2 questions about the Blackmagic Design Switchers SDK 9.0

1. There is an IBMDSwitcherMixEffectBlock::GetFadeToBlackRate and ::SetFadeToBlackRate method
but no ::GetFadeRate and ::SetFadeRate method (only ::GetTransitionFramesRemaining)
How can I get and set the normal/main FadeRate?

2. How can I get and set the status of the Cut button (hot switching on/off)?

many thanks in advance
and kind regards
Mika

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: Get/Set main FadeRate and Cut Button (hot switching)

PostWed Mar 08, 2023 11:54 pm

Hi Mika,

You need to use the IBMDSwitcherTransitionMixParameters interface to get and set transition rate. Please refer to section 3.2.1 of the ATEM Switchers SDK Manual. You can obtain the IBMDSwitcherTransitionMixParameters interface by calling QueryInterface on your IBMDSwitcherMixEffectBlock object.

The methods you are looking for are IBMDSwitcherTransitionMixParameters::GetRate and IBMDSwitcherTransitionMixParameters::SetRate.

On the second query, could you please clarify this request? A cut is an immediate transition, so there isn't really a status associated with this button. There are several mix effect block events (BMDSwitcherMixEffectBlockEventType) that may be useful for you, refer to section 2.2.10 and the IBMDSwitcherMixEffectBlockCallback callback interface in section 2.3.9.

Regards
Cameron

Anthony Lunt

PostThu Mar 09, 2023 6:30 am

Cameron Nichols wrote:Hi Mika,

You need to use the IBMDSwitcherTransitionMixParameters interface to get and set transition rate. Please refer to section 3.2.1 of the ATEM Switchers SDK Manual. You can obtain the IBMDSwitcherTransitionMixParameters interface by calling QueryInterface on your IBMDSwitcherMixEffectBlock object.

The methods you are looking for are IBMDSwitcherTransitionMixParameters::GetRate and IBMDSwitcherTransitionMixParameters::SetRate.

On the second query, could you please clarify this request? A cut is an immediate transition, so there isn't really a status associated with this button. There are several mix effect block events (BMDSwitcherMixEffectBlockEventType) that may be useful for you, refer to section 2.2.10 and the IBMDSwitcherMixEffectBlockCallback callback interface in section 2.3.9.

Regards
Cameron

Thanks for sharing your idea.

cutterstorm

PostFri Mar 10, 2023 2:34 pm

Hi Cameron,

you answer was very helpful to me.
I also found "SimpleSwitcherExampleCSharp" in the SDK SampleFiles.

thank you ver much!
Mika

cutterstorm

PostFri Mar 10, 2023 2:51 pm

Hi Cameron,

because of my question regarding cut button status: In the ATEM Software Control you can switch via mouse or ctrl key whether the next digit input concerns program or preview level. I wanted to know if this function is available via SDK - but I learned that this is completely irrelevant, because I can directly address program and preview level. So please forget my (stupid) question... :oops:

kind regards
Mika

Return to Software Developers