Interfacing DeckLink With a C# .NET Program

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

darbyanderson

Interfacing DeckLink With a C# .NET Program

PostThu May 18, 2023 7:04 pm

I have been having trouble getting the DeckLink SDK type definitions connected to my .NET program.

I have looked through the provided C# examples in the SDK, but Visual Studio reports it can not find the reference to the 'DeckLinkAPI' component in those examples.

I have attempted to compile a type library using midl, and then tlbimp, but the resulting .dll does not contain all required definitions, as far as I can tell.

Are there any documents I could follow to learn to integrate the SDK with a .NET project?

Thanks for your time.

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: Interfacing DeckLink With a C# .NET Program

PostFri May 26, 2023 12:23 pm

Hi Darby,

Did you first try installing the Desktop Video software? You shouldn't then need to compile with midl/tlbimp if the Desktop Video software is installed, as the type libraries will be registered during installation.

Once installed, in Visual Studio, add the DeckLinkAPI library via Project —> Add Reference… —> COM - Type Libraries, scroll down the list and select “DeckLink API Library” to add to project.

Regards
Cameron

Return to Software Developers