DeckLink SDI output problem on Windows

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

jarush

DeckLink SDI output problem on Windows

PostTue May 30, 2023 7:38 pm

I have a DeckLink Mini Monitor HD installed in a Windows 10 computer with the 12.4.2 Desktop Video drivers installed. I am observing a problem with the SDK examples (e.g. Examples/VancOutput and Examples/RP188VitcOutput) as well as a custom program. Everything was compiled with Visual Studio 2022 using the 12.4.2 DeckLink SDK.

After a fresh boot of the Windows computer, if the DeckLink is already configured to output the same display mode as the program will configure, the first time I run the program the attached SDI monitor shows no signal. For example, if the DeckLink is configured for 1080p29.97 on boot up, and the program also configures it to be 1080p29.97, no signal is output. If the program is stopped and run a second time, output is displayed on the SDI monitor. If the DeckLink is configured to output a different display mode than the program will configure, the program works as expected every time. For example, if the DeckLink is configured for 720p29.97 on boot up, and the program reconfigures it to be 1080p29.97, it works every time.

When this problem is observed when running with a custom program, the ScheduledFrameCompletionCallback is never called after prerolling some frames and calling StartScheduledPlayback on the first run of the program. The callback is called correctly on subsequent runs of the program. Presumably the same issue is occurring with the SDI examples.

I have two identical desktops, each with DeckLink cards installed, and both behave identically.

SRichter

Re: DeckLink SDI output problem on Windows

PostMon Dec 11, 2023 2:51 pm

Hello Jason, did you ever find a solution to your problem? I'm currently running into a similar problem and am out of ideas.

dbucha

Re: DeckLink SDI output problem on Windows

PostWed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pm

Same for me, did you get any response?

Return to Software Developers