Rocky 9.2 Desktop Setup utility doesn't see Mini Monitor

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

SonyShooter

Rocky 9.2 Desktop Setup utility doesn't see Mini Monitor

PostTue Nov 21, 2023 11:12 pm

I havre installed Rocky 9.2 Linux and Davinci Studio 18.6.1. on an old circa 2012 PC. While I can hear audio during edit/color, there no audio in my rendered files. I installed a (2013ish) Mini Monitor HD HDMI and installed Desktop Video 12.7.1. Still no audio in my rendered files.

I installed and launched the Desktop Video Setup utility and it could not detect the Mini Monitor PCIe card. I then opened the Linux command line terminal window and did some poking around. I executed the “lspci” command to list the pci devices and it returned:

06:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor

Is Desktop Video 12.7.1 incompatible with this old card? The silkscreen on the pci is BMDPCB21BB or 2188, not sure. Also © 2013. Any help you can give me on this would be much appreciated.

Thank youu, Dave

Brendan Dower

Blackmagic Design

Re: Rocky 9.2 Desktop Setup utility doesn't see Mini Monitor

PostTue Nov 28, 2023 4:00 am

Hi Dave,

If the device can be seen in `lspci`, but not in the Desktop Video Setup utility application the usual suspect is that the driver is not loaded. You can check if the drivers are loaded with `lsmod` Use the following command to filter `lsmod` for the Blackmagic driver:
Code: Select all
 lsmod | grep blackmagic

Included in the Installation package is a README. In that readme are some troubleshooting steps for loading the driver on Linux. Please have a look at this and let me know if you need any further assistance.
Brendan Dower
Blackmagic Design Developer Support

nicodato

Re: Rocky 9.2 Desktop Setup utility doesn't see Mini Monitor

PostWed Dec 13, 2023 7:47 pm

Hi David,

Check if the driver compiled and installed correctly.
As you are using Rocky 9, I think the same happened to us with CentOS Stream 9. The driver didn't compile.
We had to patch the driver using the ideas in this post: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=173218#p996868
3Way Solutions S.A.
http://www.3way.com.ar

Return to Software Developers