Hired help needed with bluetooth BM camera controls

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

paul ross jones

Hired help needed with bluetooth BM camera controls

PostSun Dec 03, 2023 9:00 pm

hi, Hopefully I am allowed to ask this on the forum with the rules- please tell me if its not- and ill delete this. I am wanting to control my BM URSA mini G2 and 12K for use with a underwater housing. I know nothing about programming and bluetooth, so need to hire someone, ideally someone who has already been down this road. I am needing a PCB with dials and buttons only so it's easier to waterproof . I know theres a Chinese company thats making quite simple controllers that might work well, but keen to have a say in how it's setuo out for my purpose. Can any one help? Or know who could help. Cheers Paul

mark.sze

Re: Hired help needed with bluetooth BM camera controls

PostWed Dec 06, 2023 7:48 pm

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure if you've had any luck with anyone else, but I developed a project for Bluetooth control of the cameras using ESP32's. My post on it is here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=181361

The code repository and information is here:
https://github.com/marklysze/Magic-Pocket-Control-ESP32

I've since done it on a few more devices. I haven't used a Mini G2 or 12K for testing (just 4K and 6K). Though they use the same protocol, they do expect slightly different packets of information on some commands. I'm in Australia.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk further on it and to see if I can help.

Thanks,
Mark

Return to Software Developers