Decklink SDI Micro on Raspberry Pi 5

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

nitishjha

Decklink SDI Micro on Raspberry Pi 5

PostThu Feb 08, 2024 9:06 pm

I am trying to run Decklink SDI Micro on Raspberry PI 5
i am using a PCIe to m.2 adapter for the Rpi5. I am running raspberry pi os bookworm
i have installed the desktopvideo drivers version 12.8 . the driver seem to install correctly and the Blackmagic app launches and displays the input video resolution correctly.

when trying to display the video in obs or my own Qt6 based app. i get the artifacts in top half of the image from the camera . see attached image. anyone know what could be the cause and the blackmagic driver if it logs messages somewhere. i have tried different input video resolutions like 1280x720p60 and 1920x1080p30 and 1920x1080p60

blackmagic_artificat.JPG
blackmagic_artificat.JPG (220.19 KiB) Viewed 1167 times

ibuvisionuk

Re: Decklink SDI Micro on Raspberry Pi 5

PostSun Feb 18, 2024 10:25 pm

Hi,

Make sure that you put your PCIe in the gen3 mode. You do that by modifying /boot/config.txt file adding the following line:
Code: Select all
dtparam=pciex1_gen=3
to the file. That *should* make it work.

Let me know if that worked for you.

Csaba Nagy

PostFri Feb 23, 2024 3:06 am

Hi nitishjha,

I'm curious to see if you have resolved this? I am also interested in testing a similar setup.
Csaba Nagy
Filmmaker
BMPCC4K

candidoa

PostSat Mar 23, 2024 6:35 pm

I have installed the m.2 decklink micro on a m.2 hat on my pi5 and it is working fine on loop from sdi in to sdi out! I have a second pi4 as a source which i convert with a bidirectional BMD hdmi converter. It was not easy to bring the pi4 into 1080i50 with yuv422 mode but i solved this.
The problem is that i forced the pcie bridge to gen3 but it switches back to gen2 which is to low bandwidth.
I am investigate the problem now. My pcie hat the manufacturer say it is capable of gen3.
Any suggestions.
I like to try a decklink duo with a pci adapter but this is a bigger formfactor.

Return to Software Developers