Decklink, Linux, and Pipewire

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

PhenaOfMari

Decklink, Linux, and Pipewire

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 4:58 am

Hi Decklink developers, I was wondering if there were any plans to have the decklink drivers expose the capture card device as audio and/or video nodes in pipewire. From my experience trying to solve my audio setup when playing and capturing my consoles, this doesn't appear to be happening currently. At the moment, I have to get the audio out of my monitor via the monitors headphone jack and physically wire it back into a line in in order to hear it. Doing it this way, I don't get to hear it unless that monitor is set to the correct output. This would be immensely simplified (and also reduce ground noise) if I could just patch the devices audio output internally into my desktop audio mix. While I don't need the video part of that for what I'm currently doing, I could see it potentially being useful as well. Since pipewire can handle both, I wouldn't think it would be too much additional effort if the initial barrier to do this isn't that high.

If there aren't any current plans, perhaps this might plant the seed for it. Regardless, thanks for your effort.

Return to Software Developers