Macro that imports media and text from database

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

DStroke

Macro that imports media and text from database

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am

Hey there, I need a possibility, probably a macro, that imports a thumbnail and specific data of an online database than can be accessed via XML API.
I know this database could also be exported as an excel file.

How can I manage this?

Andrew Hazelden

Re: Macro that imports media and text from database

PostThu May 09, 2024 1:16 pm

Hi. You have several options for this type of workflow.

Resolve's Lua/Python scripting APIs could be used to run a custom script from the "Workspace > Scripts" menu. The script would download XML/JSON/CSV/Spreadsheet like content from the web and load the media into the Media Pool, or build a Fusion comp automatically to display the text based content.

A custom made fuse node could be created that would carry out this task inside a single node. There is FuseSDK documentation on the BMD support center website. The fuse could be bundled inside a macro/effects template that would work on the Edit/Fusion pages.

The open-source Vonk Ultra data nodes could be used in Resolve to carry out this process. The Vonk Ultra nodes could be bundled inside a macro/effects template that would work on the Edit/Fusion pages.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra / Threadripper 3990X | Fusion Studio 18.6.4 | Kartaverse 6

Marcus Herrick

Re: Macro that imports media and text from database

PostMon May 13, 2024 7:15 am

This is absolutely possible. We connect resolve to Airtable using cURL commands to import JSON and convert to markerrs, pull VFX shots, conform shots and check QC notes among other things. I wrote it in LUA, using the API and the amazing references from Andrew Hazelden on http://steakunderwater.com

Return to Software Developers