Capturing stream using 4K Extreme

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Arjun Surendran

Capturing stream using 4K Extreme

PostThu Dec 11, 2014 11:05 am

Hello,

I'm trying to capture live video from a GoPro camera using Blackmagic Decklink 4K Extreme (Live streaming and saving the frames). I tried different methods but nothing was successful :( I am using Ubuntu 12.04 maching and GoPro Hero 3+ camera which is connected to the 4K Extreme via HDMI cable.

I tried using Media Express, but black screen was the result. I tried different GoPro settings, but didn't work.

Then I used the Blackmagic SDK Sample code. I used the sample code "Capture" and executed the following
Code: Select all
 ./Capture -d 0 -m 14 -n 50 -v video.raw -a audio.raw

It just created two empty files, that's all. If I connect an HDMI display to my Capture card's HDMI output port, it stream the video there.

Then I tried Gstreamer using decklinksrc
Code: Select all
gst-launch-1.0 decklinksrc mode=18 connection=1 ! videoconvert ! ximagesink sync=false

No window with the video stream ever appears :( :( . But I can see the video stream in HDMI display connected to my Capture card.

Any help would be highly appreciated. If any other information is needed, please let me know

Thank you,
Arjun

Ben Woods

Re: Capturing stream using 4K Extreme

PostFri Jan 16, 2015 9:22 pm

I'm am having a very similar issue. Did you ever get this figured out?

Thanks

Arjun Surendran

Re: Capturing stream using 4K Extreme

PostWed Feb 18, 2015 1:28 pm

No not yet

Return to Software Developers