HD Loses Sync - SD is OK

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Brad Griswold

HD Loses Sync - SD is OK

PostWed Feb 11, 2015 6:45 pm

Greetings All,

A few pertinent details: Workstation - Z820, Blackmagic Product - Ultrastudio SDI

Working on a project in .NET (WPF/C#). I'm using the included Signal Generator as a reference project as I get familiar with the SDK API. The end goal is to be to take video in, manipulate it (have it be viewable on screen) and then export that modified video back out. I'm in the beginning processes of the project now - one thing I'm noticing both my project and the example signal gen project is that whenever it's set to HD formats (i.e. 720p, 1080i) the video appears to lose sync completely. Whereas if the video is set to 480 - the signal appears stable. The monitor is a high-end sony display with SDI input...other sources (i.e. not blackmagic) appear in there fine so I know its not the monitor... seems to be something with the way the UltraStudio outputs an HD signal. Is there some sort of timing signal I need to attach to the output? An insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brad Griswold

Brad Griswold

Re: HD Loses Sync - SD is OK

PostWed Feb 11, 2015 7:30 pm

To that end...is the UltraStudio capable of simultaneous input/output?

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: HD Loses Sync - SD is OK

PostFri Feb 13, 2015 1:10 am

Brad -
The Ultrastudio SDI is not capable of input (capturing) and output (playback) at the exact same time. The device can be in either mode and it will need time to switch contexts.

If you are continuing to see a sync issue with multiple drivers, it should be reported on the support web email form on the lower middle part of the page.

Matt Jefferson

Return to Software Developers