DeckLink4K Extreme drivers problems

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

marwen.brikcha

DeckLink4K Extreme drivers problems

PostFri Jun 26, 2015 11:39 am

Hi all,

I purchase DeckLink 4K Extreme acquisition card but i have always a drivers crash and cannot capture any frames before i reboot my computer.

I can't remove the driver because i don't have root access.

when i see the dmseg output
Output :
[ 7739.753242] BlackmagicIO: WARNING: Ran out of free input frames.

I use the Video Desktop 10.3.7 firmware drivers with HP Z620Workstation machine (I see that is the best configuration computer to use this 4K capture card).

I use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS also.

Please any suggestion or help.
Thanks
Marwen

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: DeckLink4K Extreme drivers problems

PostFri Jun 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Hello Marwen -

First, i strongly recommend un-installing 10.3.7 and use 10.4 or latest 10.4.1 (many improvements) via BlackmagicDesign support website for capture and playback and visit the lower left side of the pages for download links. You have to have admin rights to uninstall and install so you probably need to contact

If you are not able to run the desktop video utility or media express on the card, contact regional support by emailing them using middle lower of page and "send us an email" or you can contact local office via "find your local support team"

marwen.brikcha

Re: DeckLink4K Extreme drivers problems

PostMon Jun 29, 2015 11:43 am

HI Matt,
Your response is really helpful.
I will uninstall video Desktop 10.3.7 and install the latest 10.14.1 and i will test it and reply.

Thanks & Regards
Marwen

Return to Software Developers