H264 PRO RECORDER & SDK

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Yun Zhang

H264 PRO RECORDER & SDK

PostThu Oct 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Hi
I just got a H264 pro recorder and try to do some basic control through SDK in my application. I try to get the iterate all the decklink device and get IDECKLINK object through the following code.
Code: Select all
IDeckLinkIterator *iter;
IDeckLink *dl = NULL;
CoInitialize(NULL);
CoCreateInstance(CLSID_CDeckLinkIterator, NULL, CLSCTX_ALL, IID_IDeckLinkIterator, (void**) &iter);
iter->Next(&dl);

But no device could be found, But it do work with Blackmagic Media Express. Could anyone plz show me where is wrong, or send me a sample code for reference. Thanks a lot.
Best Regards
Yun

Yun Zhang

Re: H264 PRO RECORDER & SDK

PostFri Oct 16, 2015 7:12 pm

I have find some tricks to use IBMDStreamingDiscovery as a start to find the IDeckLink. I have install Desktop Video 10.5 on windows 7. But when i try to get the IBMDStreamingDiscovery Object through coCreateInstance with id CLSID_CDeckLinkIterator, the function failed to get the object. Could someone plz give me a little clue about how this happened? Thanks

Nicholas Gill

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Oct 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi Yun,

Regarding the first question, IDeckLinkIterator [1] enumerates the devices which support uncompressed capture via the DeckLink API.

As you have already identified, devices supported by the Streaming API are discoverable via the IBMDStreamingDiscovery [2] interface.

The StreamingPreview sample (Win\Samples\Streaming\StreamingPreview\) demonstrates performing a streaming encoder capture operation, using MediaFoundation (on Windows) to preview the captured H.264 stream.

Please note that the Streaming API is only available as a 32bit COM library on Windows. Assuming that the Desktop Video drivers are installed correctly, this is the next most likely explanation why your application is not able to create an instance of the IBMDStreamingDiscovery interface.

Cheers,

-nick

[1] 2.5.1 IDeckLinkIterator Interface
[2] 2.6.1 IBMDStreamingDiscovery Interface

Yun Zhang

PostMon Oct 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply, I think that maybe the problem.

Return to Software Developers