Does the newest Atem-Switcher SDK support Camera-Zoom/Focus?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Micha Binder

Does the newest Atem-Switcher SDK support Camera-Zoom/Focus?

PostMon Dec 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Hello,

can somebody tell me if it is possible to make an application for a Atem 1 M/E Production Studio 4K for osx which should control a Micro Studio Camera 4K:

The application should support: Zoom in/out, Focus, Gain, White Balance,.. of the camera.

Does the newest SDK of the switcher supports this or is it actually not possible to do that? I was looking in the documentation but i couldn't find any answer.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my english! :D
Greez, mike.

Micha Binder

Re: Does the newest Atem-Switcher SDK support Camera-Zoom/Fo

PostTue Dec 22, 2015 5:56 pm

I found the protocol of the switcher so i know that it should be possible to develope such a app. I'm trying to get it done but i have a problem:

normally you get the iterator of the different object by this command (here example of the InputIterator):
result = mSwitcher->CreateIterator(IID_IBMDSwitcherInputIterator, (void**)&inputIterator);

so as result I get 0 and i can iterate threw inputIterator->Next(&input)..

With the camera i don't get a iterator:
result = mSwitcher->CreateIterator(IID_IBMDSwitcherCameraControlParameterIterator, (void**)&cameraIterator);

In the SDK-Doc i found out, that i have to create the iterator like this:
IBMDSwitcherCameraControl::CreateIterator returns an IBMDSwitcherCameraControlParameterIterator object interface when the IID_IBMDSwitcherCameraControlParameterIterator IID
is specified.

How do i get a IBMDSwitcherCameraControl Object? Every other iterator i got from the IBMDSwitcher Object which i got from the connectTo method of the discoveryobject?

Please help me! :)
Thank you!

Greez,
Micha Binder

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: Does the newest Atem-Switcher SDK support Camera-Zoom/Fo

PostTue Dec 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Mike -
To control the Blackmagic Studio Camera (HD, 4K and Micro 4K), you need to use the Studio camera protocol found in the Studio Camera product family manual. The manual is available in our support web page area after you select Cameras and then scroll down in the lower middle area called product notes. Then download manual for Studio Cameras.

The protocol is called Blackmagic Video Device embedded control protocol and starts on page 33.

Return to Software Developers